Chapter Thirteen

As Tweek disappeared to make his coffee, a knock came from the front door. After a few minutes of watching Bebe and the others try to corral the human rocket that was Butters, I made my way over to the heavy wood door and yanked it open. On the other side of the door was a man I did not want to see for a very long time. He was tall, dark tan and bleached blonde. Muscles and an expensive outfit bought with dirty money allowed the stench of weed to waft from him in clouds. His equally expensive accessories and poor attempt at dreadlocks made the entire thing look even more ridiculous. Behind him, parked in Bebe's front yard was a shitty looking drug dealer car with four stoned out of their head guys inside. The human scum before me was Adrian Tucker, Sylvia's ex. I rolled my eyes as he grinned at me and turned on his charm. "What's up, Craig, my man? Have you seen my sweet little arctic fox? I have a present for her."

"Adrian, as much as I want to walk you through the ridiculousness of those statements and how incredibly fucked up they are, I do not have time to cater to your idiocy." I groaned and tried to close the door. A fancy shoe stopped me and a hand pressed against the wood not far from my face. "I said go away."

"Nope." He popped the p and grinned at me. "Come on handsome, let me in."

"For fucks sake, what is wrong with you?" I snapped.

"You're just mad you can't say no to your brother."

"STEP brother, and no I'm mad cause you just couldn't leave Sylvia alone and now I find out you beat her. It was bad enough she got knocked up by a drunk gay guy, but for you to do what you did to her was worse. I will not allow you to cause more trouble for her." And I didn't want to bring Tyler into the mess. "Go home, Adrian."

"Step or not, I'm a Tucker, dickhead, and so are the brats she's carrying so step aside."

"Fuck to the N-O." I snarled. "You do not get to stake a claim on kids like that. And Kyle and Stan are adopting them. Paperwork was done online last night. You and Syl aren't married so you have no rights. You can try to take it to court but I took photos of Sylvia's injuries and know you have multiple cases of domestic abuse on your record. Kyle and Stan would win."

"Fuck it, that's fine, but I refuse to leave without seeing Sylvia, Craig. Move."

"I FUCKING SAID NO GODDAMNIT!"

"Craig?" Tweek's soft voice came from behind me. He was in defense mode, his paranoia put on hold while he figured out if it was safe or not. "Who's at the door and why are you yelling?"

"Who the fuck is that?" Adrian snapped, never having heard Tweek's voice before and probably assuming the worst. My step brother stepped back, his intentions very obvious. My head snapped to Kaldi who had joined Tweek beside that door. If he kicked it in like he was about to, it wouldn't just hit my boyfriend, it'd hit my daughter, the one with still healing injuries. Scared for her safety, I quickly released the wood and stepped between her and the door just as Adrian kicked it full force. The wood slammed into me, buckling and cracking as it was ripped from its hinges. Tweek quickly snagged Kaldi and bolted back towards the kitchen as the child screamed in fear. I felt myself fall to the ground as Adrian ran into the house to catch me. "Craig, what the hell was that? Why the fuck would you do that? You knew what I was about to do, why the fuck did you step directly behind that door like that?"

"Kaldi."

"Kal-what now?" Adrian raised an eyebrow as he wrapped my arm around his neck. "I need more than that for an explanation, little bro."

"Your other niece." I snapped trying to pull away from him. "You fucking jackass."

"You only have one daughter, dipshit."