chap 5

Yeonjun was sitting, trying to understand what the cats were talking about. and soon uncle arrived holding two cups as he handed one cup to Yeonjun and sat beside him. "Why don't you leave Beomgyu here for a few days? He looks happy with his family," his uncle asked.

"NOOO," Yeonjun replied immediately, without realising his tone as uncle fliched with his sudden shout..

 "ok ok, you can take him with you" uncle replied, awkwardly smiling. "You have become fond of him, don't you?" Uncle asked, 'it's not the actual reason; I am scared if he turns into a human in front of his uncle or if something serious happens,' he thought to himself as he nodded to his uncle's question.

 "It looks like they are talking about something serious." Uncle looks at the cat, looking so serious, like having some serious metting. "Yeah, they are." Yeonjun sipped the coffee while looking at them...

"i want to talk about something important with you" Beomgyu said as the parents looked at him with curious eyes, along with Hanni, the sister, Beomgyu nervously cleared his throat, as he hesitated to speak. "Actually....I wanna know something," he finally said, his parents looking at him perplexed, awaiting his question.

"I want to know if a cat can turn into a human." As soon as Beomgyu finished his words, he noticed an unexpected reaction on their faces. The parents were utterly speechless upon hearing Beomgyu's question, both of them staring at him in shock and disbelief, and now Beomgyu was confused, and his sister was confused too, looking at their reaction.

"don't tell me you turned into a human." The father immediately became serious and concerned, fearing that something bad had happened to his son. "What's wrong if I turned into a human?" This seemingly innocuous query was enough to send both parents into a spiral of panic and anxiety, each of them was fearing, "What's wrong? Why are you all reacting like that?" Beomgyu was confused. "mom,dad what will happen if a cat turns into a human?" hanni asked, totally confused...

The mother and father stayed silent as Beomgyu and Hanni looked at them curiously. "You are cursed," his father uttered, his words sending a chill down the spines of the young boy and his sister. Beomgyu echoed, his eyes widening as he tried to process the terrible news. Hanni also spoke up, her voice filled with confusion and concern. "What kind of curse, dad?" the duo questioned.

"Yeah, it is a curse. It happens when a cat falls in love with a human," the father uttered, as Beomgyu realised that he had fallen in love with his owner, the person he'd been secretly admiring and looking up to all this time. Upon realising the reality of the situation, his heart began beating rapidly, and his face was reddening with embarrassment and shame. Hanni was just as shocked; she was worried for her brother's well-being.

"You don't understand" the father said calmly, his eyes locked on Beomgyu's terrified face.

"Falling in love is one thing, but you're falling in love with a human" his father explained. "That is the problem." Hanni stepped forward, her voice filled with concern for her brother."I get that it's a problem, but what exactly will happen to him because of it?" Hanni asked, her words sprinkled with anxiety. "What kind of curse happens to a cat who falls in love with a human?"

"The cat will slowly die. I am not sure how, but I heard the cat will feel pain in his chest and then blood will puke out of his mouth and then he will slowly die. All of this will happen within a month. The cat will experience excruciating pain and then slowly die." 

The father's words repeated in Beomgyu's mind, bringing with them a wave of deep despair. With each word, his fear increased, his pulse racing rapidly, and his breath growing shorter. He could not bear the thought of dying a dreadful death, all because he'd fallen in love with a human. His sister, Hanni, was even more distraught; her voice was choked with grief and sorrow.