chap 16 (18+⚠️)

Karina, slightly tipsy from the soju, let out an exuberant cry, "I feel like singing a song!" Her face was flushed and her hair messy, as she placed one leg on the chair and held the soju bottle like a microphone, clearly enjoying herself.

Winter was a tad embarrassed and concerned as she gently pulled her back into the chair, scolding her, "Karina, you shouldn't drink when you can't handle it." Karina sulked in response, insisting, "I can handle it."

meanwhile, Yeonjun had been quietly observing Beomgyu and noticed that he was acting strangely, his head moving frequently and blinking constantly. Beomgyu's cheeks were rosy and his ears and nose were flushed, a clear sign that he was quite drunk. Yeonjun turned to him and asked with concern, "Beomgyu, are you alright?"

Beomgyu whimpered cutely, his head lolling against Yeonjun's shoulder, "My head is spinning."

Yeonjun had expected this outcome, but couldn't help but chuckle at Beomgyu being tipsy after just one sip of soju.

'As I thought, he only had one sip of that soju and was acting like he could drink that whole bottle earlier.' yeonjun thought to himself while looking at beomgyu.

Yeonjun glanced around and noticed that it was getting quite late. They needed to head home. He turned to Beomgyu and asked, "Beomgyu, can you stand up?"Beomgyu quickly shook his head in response, indicating that he couldn't stand on his own.

and soon Mr. Yu stepped into the room and saw Karina's dishevelled state, clearly displeased. "Oh, what have you done to yourself, you mannerless kid!" he scolded her. Winter stood up and addressed Mr. Yu, "Uncle, I should head home now. It's getting late."

Mr. Yu spoke up, acknowledging that it was quite late in the evening. "Yes, it's getting late," he said. "Why don't you stay here for the night?" Mr. Yu suggested, considering Winter's situation.

Winter attempted to object, "But, uncle..."However, Mr. Yu interrupted her mid-sentence. "You can sleep with Karina," he continued, "she has a spacious bed." Karina, still inebriated and in a state of amusement, began to laugh.

"Cease with that behavior, Karina!" Mr. Yu scolded, continuing, "Learn something from Winter, she's such a well-mannered girl. If only I had a daughter like her." Karina chuckled, and added, "Yes, yes, you would, but you'd also add in 'in-law' to the mix."Everyone was taken aback by her remark, their expressions a mix of surprise and disbelief.

Mr. Yu's face showed confusion as he exclaimed, "What?" Winter quickly stepped in, taking hold of Karina, who was clearly drunk and unstable. "Ah, uncle, she's simply drunk. I'll take her upstairs to her room," she explained, silently scolding Karina as they went upstairs.

Yeonjun thanked Mr. Yu for the meal and then stated, "We'll be heading home now." Mr. Yu responded with a smile, "Sure, take care." He then turned his gaze towards Beomgyu.

Mr. Yu looked at the sight of a drunken Beomgyu and inquired, "Are you going to be okay?"Yeonjun chuckled awkwardly in response, reassuring Mr. Yu, "Yes, yes, I can manage."

yeonjun instructed Beomgyu to stand up for a moment, and then Yeonjun pulled him away from the table. Beomgyu stumbled a bit, but managed to remain on his feet.Yeonjun then sat on the ground, on one knee, facing his back towards Beomgyu. "Jump on," he offered, gesturing for Beomgyu to hop onto his back for a piggy ride.

Beomgyu hopped onto Yeonjun's back, and Yeonjun securely held onto him, making Beomgyu's legs wrap around his waist. Beomgyu then encircled his arms around Yeonjun's neck as Yeonjun stood up, firmly holding Beomgyu on his back, ready to carry him away.

Mr. Yu inquired, "Perhaps should i call a taxi?" Yeonjun decline, replying, "No, our house is reasonably close."Beomgyu, having drunk alcohol and feeling the effects of it, repeated "our?" with a smile on his face, his cheeks tinged red.