chap 8

Once Beomgyu walked out of the cafe, Yeonjun refocused his attention on his work, He carried a tray holding some freshly brewed coffees and made his way towards a table to deliver the orders to the customers seated there.

Yeonjun delivered the coffee to a customer and was heading back to the counter when he bumped into someone accidentally. "i am really sorry." He quickly apologized, instinctively bowing his head without initially glancing up to see who he had collided with.

As Yeonjun quickly apologized, a familiar voice responded, calmly reassuring him, "It's okay, it's okay." Intrigued, Yeonjun lifted his head to see the familiar face.He was surprised to see the person standing there

Upon looking back at Winter, Yeonjun saw that she was the only one standing there, without a companion by her side. Her gentle smile widened slightly as their eyes met, creating a strange sense of anticipation between them.

"hi!!" winter said as Yeonjun responded with a polite greeting, "Hi," and gestured for Winter to have a seat. He promptly pulled up a nearby chair for her, "Here, have a seat." Winter expressed her gratitude, "Thank you," as she settled into the offered chair.

"what's your order" yeonjun asked looking at her "I'd like a hot coffee, please." Winter placed her order, Yeonjun nodded, making mental note of her request. In the meantime, his gaze wandered to the empty chair in front of her, prompting him to ask, "And what about your friend? Will she be joining you later?"

Winter's expression turned somber as she explained, "She declined to come today." Yeonjun pondered the situation, gently suggesting, "Perhaps it's because of what happened yesterday?" Winter nodded softly, looking down and adding, "Yes, I suppose so."

 "Would you like to join me?" Winter's request caught Yeonjun off guard, his eyes widening in surprise,"Me?" He was taken aback by Winter's invitation, but curiosity piqued within him.

Winter nodded with a hopeful look, stating, "Yes, but it's fine if you don't want to." Yeonjun surveyed the shop, noticing a break in the customer flow and a lull in his current tasks. Reflecting for a moment, he then replied, "Sure, I'll join you." Winter's face lit up with a smile as she heard Yeonjun's response.

Yeonjun momentarily left the table to prepare Winter's order, leaving her alone for a moment. Winter remained at the table, glancing at her phone every so often, displaying a hint of anticipation for something or someone.

flashback, The scene shifted to a phone call between Winter and her friend Karina. Winter held her phone tightly, eagerly waiting for her friend to pick up. As the call connected.

The call with Karina commenced on a high note as Winter's excitement bubbled over. She eagerly asked, "Hello!! Are you coming today?" However, Karina's response caught Winter off guard, as she questioned with a hint of annoyance, "To the cafe? Are you really asking me that?"

Karina's tone grew stern over the phone. She expressed her frustration and concern, saying, "Look, Winter, I know you like him, but how long is this going to go on? We're just wasting our time. I suggest you make a move." Winter's heart raced as she listened to Karina's words. The weight of the situation and the pressure to act weighed heavily on her mind.

"But how can I do that?" Winter's anxiety and uncertainty were apparent in her voice,"I don't know, but I won't be coming today." Karina's voice grew lower, Winter's heart sank, knowing now that her friend wouldn't be there to support her. However, Karina added  "If you've made up your mind to go, then you should go and make a move, and end this customer role."

end of flashback..

Yeonjun returned with a tray that held two cups of coffee. Carefully, he placed one cup in front of Winter, and then settled into the chair opposite her. The atmosphere felt charged with anticipation as the two now sat opposite each other, separated by the table adorned with their coffee cups.