⬜ How (Not) To Start A Wildfire 🟦

Alright, alright. Hark! I don't do part twos, because that's violating a code. BUT... I don't say no to requests either. And since I have received requests for the wild version of TMNTPWF, here it is.

The days passed like a blur. The police had discovered that Yongsun's previous neighbor had already been convicted in the past for damage of property, and he was suspected to be the one behind the arson.

Yongsun's arrival at Wheein's apartment grew to be something that was rewarding to her. After a long day of work, she would come home to Wheein either painting or doing laundry. The reality of Wheein's existence- a firefighter appearing tough as steel on the outside but being a caring woman on the inside- fascinated Yongsun. How could one be so strong yet remain so gentle and graceful? Simply being next to Wheein was a bliss. Living with her for more than a week now, she realized that she was drawn to Wheein, like moth to a flame. Dangerous, but it was almost too powerful to stop.

But why stop it? What if she told her?

Wheein had grown fond of Yongsun, especially with the teacher's smile. She found herself still painting her eyes, but whenever Yongsun came to her while she painted, she would turn the canvas on its back. She could not gain the courage to show her the progressing work, not when she remembered the way Yongsun gazed at Byul. Upon the thought, her chest would seem to tighten, but seeing Yongsun's smile would make her feel better every time.

That evening, Wheein decided to cook dinner. Yongsun hovered nearby, the scent of her shampoo mingling with the sizzling garlic. "You seem... To thrive in chaos," Yongsun mused, her voice hesitant.

Wheein chuckled, flipping a steak. "The hunger for chaos runs in my veins, I guess. But don't worry, your smile is a peaceful break amidst the storm."

Shit. Wheein snapped her mouth close as the words flew off. How careless of her. She had told herself so many times. No flirting with the teacher. Yet she ultimately failed.

"Other.. than that," Yongsun stammered, fiddling with her fingers. "It's... comfortable, having you around." She leaned in closer, seeking Wheein's warmth.

Wheein felt a spark ignite in her chest, but she tamped it down. "Maybe it's just the fire hazard insurance plan you signed in exchange for rent."

Yongsun's smile faltered slightly. "Maybe," she mumbled, retreating to the living room.

Hours later, the air in the apartment turned arid and crisp with unbearable heat. The cold water from the bathroom gave Wheein little refreshment, as she stepped out wearing her navy blue tank top.

A yelp almost escaped the firefighter's throat when Yongsun appeared in front of her.

As opposed to Wheein's calm expression, Yongsun was startled. She heard water running and assumed Wheein was taking a bath. Looking at her now, she realized that Wheein only washed her face. Being a little taller, she caught a glimpse of the tattoo on her collar bone again.

'Viva La Vida', Wheein's tattoo wrote. Yongsun knew the words meant 'Live Life', and found it ironic. How, a firefighter was bent on the statement of living life, considering her life revolved around eating flames for breakfast.

Doubts and uncertainty had been running across Wheein's mind this whole time. Silence hung in the atmosphere, as she noticed Yongsun's inquiring gaze.

Yongsun's eyes found their way to Wheein's mouth. She gulped. Wheein wondered why Yongsun was biting her lips, and thought that the teacher felt nervous about something.

An awkward second passed. Wheein swallowed before asking, "Everything okay, Ms. Yongsun?" Perhaps the summer heat got into her, making her feel odd.

Yongsun blinked plenty of times and gave a quick nod. "Everything's fine. I'm just not.. Used to, you know.." Her eyes scanned Wheein in a tank top and pyjamas. "It's hot in here," she uttered, her face turning red while she fanned herself with her hands.