Chapter 6 (A freind)

Mallory's pov:

As Johnny drives me to school, I roll down the window. The cool summer breeze flushing against my face as the sun bounces off my sunglasses. He drops me off, and I head in the building. 

I check the time, 30 minutes before class begins. Amazing. I take my time, walking to the werewolf class, as I finally arrive and sit myself in my seat. As I'm staring out the window, I realise how bored I am. Loading 'Free Fantasy' on my phone, I go onto messages and text Nox.

"Hey, u there?"
-Me

.......

No reply.

Maybe she is at school too? She is only one year younger than me, after all.

I place my phone in my pocket as I wait for Mr. Bradley to arrive. Soon after, he does. Setting his briefcase on the desk and propping himself in his chair.

"Good morning, Mallory!" He beams.

"Morning." I reply, yawning.

He chuckles. We talk until the rest of the students flood the class and take their seats. After what feels like hours, I see Maeve walk through the doors. Her head held high with a smile plastered on her face. Her fringe uncovering her cocoa coloured eyes glistening as the sun shines off of them, her freckles illuminating in the sun.

She really is beautiful. She really has got me in a trance. I snap out of it as I see her approaching her seat quicker than I anticipated.

"Hey, human!" She exclaims.

What? Human? Excuse me?

"What?" I question.

"I said hey human? Because you know, you're a human? Oh my! Unless you're a witch! I'm so sorry, are you-" She stutters, but I interrupt before she can speak any longer.

I forgot I'm supposed to be human.

"I'm human." I spit while gritting my teeth.

She hums while nodding her head.

The lesson goes on for what feels like eternity. Feeling Maeve's eyes staring at me, stealing secret glances and quickly turning away before I could stare back.

DING! DING! DING!

"Dismissed!" Mr. Bradley shouts as students pack their things and head out the doors.

"Bye!" Maeve bells at me, picking up her bag and slinging it onto her shoulder.

I grunt in return. She frowns in confusion. Standing there in silence.

"Are you going to leave or what?" I ask sourly.

"What? I- yeah...." She mutters before turning around and leaving the class.

Why can't she take a hint? Why is she so persistant?

I roll my eyes, grabbing my bag and tossing it over my shoulder. I stroll out the classroom as I head to my next lesson.

'Music 101'

I can deal with this, I like music. I play the guitar after all.

I open the classroom door as I see students already taking their places.
I see one table left at the back as I pick up my pace and head for it.
As I just about reach it, I look forward and see Maeve has grabbed a chair out from the table, ready to sit down.

You have got to be kidding me.

She looks up and rolls her eyes. Sitting down anyway.
I sigh, taking the chair beside her and scooching it on the far end of the table. Keeping as much distance as I can.