Chapter 11 (secrets)

Mallory's pov:

My eyes flutter open as my alarm rings beside me. Pressing down on the cancel button, the ringing stops. I open my phone as I head to messages. 

'Nox:1'

"Good morning, TD! Hope you slept well!"
-Nox

Does she remember I'm Mallory? I bloody hope so. I still can't believe Nox is Maeve. I mean, did I really fall for the same person twice? I have never felt so happy and connected with someone online. And then at school, Maeve is so pretty and adorable. She makes everything look angelic. The fact that they are the same person is baffling.

I chuckle to myself before realising I've been staring at my phone for 5 minutes without responding to Nox... no, Maeve. This is going to take time to get used to.

"Hey Maeve, you know you don't have to call me TD anymore. Unless you have forgotten who I actually am."
-Me

I change her contact name to 'Maeve :)'

And as if a second doesn't even pass, a reply comes through.

"I know, I know. I guess I'm still struggling to comprehend you are Mallory and not just TD. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm referring you as 2 different people."
-Maeve :)

"It's alright. I get what you mean. In some parts, I can't fathom that you are Nox, so I get you entirely. I'm just glad you gave me a chance to explain."
-Me

"I know we had our fair share of differences, but you were just doing what you thought was right. And I respect you entirely for that. Anyways, it worked out in the end as we are friends, not only online but in person too!"
-Maeve :)

I like her message.

"What are your plans for today?"
-Me

"My friends invited me to a sleepover, so I'm just getting ready for later today!"
-Maeve :)

"I see, I'm glad you are having fun. I bet it won't be as much fun as I am, though >:)"
-Me

"That stupid face!"
-Maeve :)

"You know you love it, really."
-Me

"Nuhuh! What's your plans for the day?"
-Maeve :)

That is a good question. What am I going to do today? I could go to the skatepark. Yeah, I'll do that.

"Probably go to the skatepark. I haven't been in a while."
-Me

"Oooh! I've always wanted to try skateboarding, don't think I'll be very good at it, though."
-Maeve :)

"I can teach you sometime."
-Me

'Maeve :) liked your message'

"Sounds like a plan! Okay, I've got to get ready then meet the others at the park so I'll text you later?"
-Maeve :)

"Of course."
-Me

'Maeve :) liked your message.'

I follow Maeve's plan and get myself ready. Chucking on a pair of black baggy cargos and a white baggy top followed by my favourite green jump-

Where's my jumper?

What the hell? I swear I saw it not long ago? Weird.

I look out my window, and the sun is beaming. I guess I can go without a jumper.

I place my headphones around my neck and place my cap on my head.
Grabbing my wallet, I plop it into one of my pockets as well as my phone. Grabbing my skateboard from the mount on my wall and heading downstairs.