Chapter 10 (You?)

Mallory's pov:

I waddle down the stairs as I plump myself on a kitchen stool. Resting my head in my palms.

"Yo Mally, watcha doinnnn?" Johnny asks from beside me. Placing himself on another stool next to me.

"Trying to stay awake. I'm so tired lately." I mumble whilst yawning.

He laughs as he gets up and makes his way to the coffee machine. Pouring himself and I a cup of coffee.

"Any sugar?" He questions.

"None for me. I need the strongest I can get." I reply as he hands me a cup. I take the cup and thank him. Chugging it down as the hot sensation tingles through my body.

I instantly feel a lot more energised and awake, so I go back upstairs and get changed into my uniform and pack my bag. As I walk back downstairs, i hear talking. I stop in my tracks as I listen in from afar.

"Hey JohnJohn, do you think Mallory has been talking to anyone?" My mother's voice whispers.

"I don't know? Why are you getting me involved?" He questions her.

I roll my eyes. Just as I thought my mother was finally changing her ways.

"I need to know. Maybe she has someone on her phone? Where is her phone?" My mother whispers in a hushed tone.

"What? You can't steal her phone, mum. She's 16, almost 17. You and dad talked about this. He is going to be fuming if he finds out you are trying to go through her things. She has a life mum, and she needs to live it." My brother informs her.

I hear a scoff, which I can only assume belonged to my mother.

The sound of footsteps come closer as I panic. I put on a normal face and act like I heard nothing. Continuing downstairs until I'm at the bottom of the hallway. I come face to face with my mother as she looks like she's plotting something.

"Morning, Mally!" She exclaims.

"Morning?" I reply.

"Oh, Mally, I was just wondering if your data needs topping up! I can do that for you now if you want. I'll need your phone, though." She questions with a weird tone.

She's definitely trying to take my phone. Luckily, dad topped it up a few days ago, so I'm set.

"No need! I made sure to increase the amount she had a few days ago." My father announces from the door of his study.

Johnny let's out a laugh as my mother shoots him a glare.

"Fine." My mum scoffs as she walks off.

"Why is she in such a grump?" My dad questions.

Johnny nods his head to dad's study, and we call walk in. Locking the door to prevent mum from coming in.

"You wanna explain Mally or me?" My brother asks.

"How did you know I was listening?" I question him. Frowning.

I thought I was being discreet.

"I could smell you. Idiot. Although mums snooter is old so I bet she couldn't." He remarks while giggling.

I smile.

"Anyone care to explain what's going on?" My father interrupts with a stern manner.

I sigh.

"Mum is trying to steal my phone to see if I have been talking to anyone." I admit.

A frown makes its way onto my fathers face. He looks at Johnny.