Chapter 5 (Hello?)

Maeve's pov:

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I jolt up to the sound of my phone ringing on my bedside table to the right of me. I grumpily grab my phone and look for the cause of my awakening.

'Lucy is calling.'

I sit there, mouth agape. Staring at the screen in front of me. Lucy is calling me! SHIT. LUCY IS CALLING ME!

I press the green answer button.

"Hello?"
-Me

"Hey! Maeve! Me and the girls are going to the mall and wondered if you wanted to join?"
-Lucy

Oh my god! They are inviting me out?!

"Yeah, sure! What time?"
-Me

"We're gonna meet each other there at 1. Is that cool?"
-Lucy

"Perfect! I'll see you guys there!"
-Me

The phone line ends, and my heart is racing. I can't believe it! I have friends! And I'm meeting them at 1 pm! Wait. Oh my god, it's 11am. I ONLY HAVE 2 HOURS. I quickly jump in the shower, making sure my hair is clean and fresh. Washing my ears and tail, rinsing any dirt off them. I exit the shower and swarm my closet. Thrashing clothes around to find the perfect outfit. I settled on a pink skirt, a white crop top, as well as white trainers.

I jog downstairs to inform my mother of me going out.

"Hey, Ma! Could you drop me off at the mall, please?" I question politely.

"Sure, MaeMae, what for?" she asks.

"I'm meeting some friends!" I exclaim.

"What! Really! That's great, MaeMae!!" She excitedly beams.

I giggle. Looking at the time, I notice I have 30 minutes till 1, and it's takes about 20 minutes to get there. Perfect.
We get in the car, and I plug in my phone, playing my Spotify playlist.
After feeling nervous the entire car ride, we finally arrive at the mall. I thank my ma and watch her drive off. Waving her goodbye.

I check my phone and see Lucy has messaged me.

"I'm at the entrance!"
-Lucy

"Making my way over now!"
-Me

'Lucy liked your message.'

I walk to the entrance and see Lucy waving at me from a distance. A grin makes its way onto my face as I giddily wave back. A few moments pass, and Diana and Bex arrive.
We head inside the mall and walk around, viewing and buying things in various stores. Hours pass by as we decide to go for a break and grab drinks. We enter a store, and I buy a monster (pipeline punch, of course). After downing the entire can, I suddenly really need to use the toilet.

"Hey girls, I really need to use the toilet. I'll be back!" I say in a hurried tone.

"Want us to come with?" Diana questions.

"No, it's okay! I'll be quick!" I exclaim.

They all nod as I speed off to find the facilities. After speedwalking around the entire mall, I finally find them.
I dry my hands, walking out the toilet doors, noticing I don't know which direction I came from.
I turn a full 360° to get a better glimpse of each store, trying to remember which ones I walked past.
I turn back around to see a werewolf standing in front of me.

⚠️STARTS⚠️

"Hey, you lost?" He asks maliciously.

He seems a bit weird. Do I lie? No, dont be silly. Maybe he can help.