Chapter 7 (You don't know me)

Maeve's pov:

I wake up 30 minutes before my alarm. Wow, that's surprising. I love sleeping.

I grab my phone from my night stand and see a 'Free fantasy' notification.
I open it to see a few messages from TD.

"Nox you there?"
-TD

"Nox, I was thinking. For me it's a hassle going onto the game just to text you so here's my number. You don't have to add it if you don't want to but I think this is easier. ***********."
-TD

"Sleep well Nox >:)"
-TD

Oh wow. Her number. She gave me her number! Ugh that stupid emoji.
I giggle mentally as I add TD's number into my phone contacts.
Coming off of 'Free Fantasy' and into normal messages.

"Hey TD! It's Nox. I got your messages on FF and added your number!"
-Me

......

Maybe she's still asleep. It is quite early.

"Hey Nox, glad you added me. I wasn't sure if you were going too since it could seem a bit weird or dodgy even"
-TD

"Nah I trust you! I'm suprised you are awake this early. I suprised myself by being awake this early. I never wake up before my alarms."
-Me

"Well I'm glad you trust me. I'm an early bird, so I'm always awake at earlier times."
-TD

"I see!"
-Me

We continue talking until we both have to get ready for school.

I find it great how we both have school at the same time. It means we are both active or inactive together. And don't need to worry about time differences.

My mum drops me off and I head to gym glass. Greeting the girls in the changing room as we get into our kit.

The doors swings open and Mallory walks in.

She walks straight past everyone until she finds a locker and opens it.
Her arms tensing, showing her muscles strain against her shirt.

I couldn't help but stare.

"God no Maeve, snap out of it. She's a weirdo. She randomly joined for the last year of school. No ones ever seen or heard of her before and now shes just here. Bit pointless if you ask me. Why come to school for the last year?" Bex states from beside me.

I turn to her with a confused look on my face.

"I mean, she has no friends and seems like a dick, don't go start catching crushes on people like her. I mean if you like girls that is, which is totally fine. I too myself like women." Bex admits.

"Oh! Well I mean me too, and thank you for telling me but don't worry. I don't like Mallory. She's rude. Unfortunately I have a few classes with her and ugh I wish I didn't have to sit next to her." I lie under my breath.

"No wonder she doesn't have any friends!" Lucy snickers.

"Yeah..." I mumble, feeling sadness for her.

No. She's rude to you. You have every right to not like her.

I look back to where Mallory was to see she is no longer there.

"Let's go get warmed up!" Diana says cheerfully.

We all nod and head into the arena.
Practising throwing basketballs into the hoops.

I turn around to see the gym on the higher floor. Staring through the windows I see Mallory on the weight machines.

I look away and focus on the girls. Continuing basketball.