Chapter 14

Clary woke up in bed alone. She tried to remember what had happened the night before.

Clary inspected herself. As Clary looked at her shoulder she noticed a rune. It wasnt like the others. She did not find its swirling black lines beautiful like normal runes.

Clary shook her head. This must be Sebastian's punishment. Clary felt her stomach do flips.

The door opened and Sebastian walked in,his expression unreadable.

"What does this rune do?" Clary demanded, her voice stronger than she was. Sebastian smirked.

Sebastian walked over an stood in front of her"It just makes it so you can't disobey me. If I give you a command your body will act even if your mind doesn't." His tone was superior.

"You sick bastard! You took away my free will." Clary shouted she jumped up and moved to push him.

Sebastian grabbed her hands his face was red with fury.

"You will not hit me." His voice was surprisingly calm. Clary felt her hands go down to her sides. It felt like her arms weren't attached to her body, like they belonged to someone else.

"You will be on bed rest the rest of your pregnancy. Go lie down."

Clary walked over to the bed. Her legs moving without her permission. Tears spilled from her eyes.

Sebastian crawled in next to her with a satisfied smile. "See that wasn't so hard." His voice dripped sarcasm.

Clary rolled her eyes and welcomed the darkness.