Prologue

"Guys. I got something." Prentiss called out. Reid being the first to get to her was handed what she had found. An envelope with the stamp of a bird on the front along with the words: TO THE FBI

"It's him." Reid spoke to Hotch, handing him the letter.

"Who?" Prentiss asked.

"There's a live video that's being broadcasted from Chicago."

The screen in the bullpen turns on. Three men were hanging by the wrist from a horizontal support beam is shown on the screen. They are all gagged by a towel in each of their mouths tied behind their heads. Their feet are just barely touching the ground. Their heads limp. The room is silver. With empty shelves in the background.

"Are they dead?" Derek asked.

"No. But they're knocked out cold."

"Can you find where this is?"

"The signals bouncing all over the world. I'm narrowing it down but it can take hours."

"Oh, my god." Garcia gasps.

"Garcia. He's going to give the other names. I need you to get all the information you can on all of them." Hotch orders.

The Bird falls deaf to the screams and fear of the victims. He moves towards the second.

"This is Mr. Brown. A man who can't help his urges and believes that women should help him with his his stupid problems with or without their consent."

The man steps close to Mr. Brown who is crying. "I wonder what's going through his mind right now. Do you regret what you did?" There's a pause. Then Mr. Brown nods. The Bird Nods back then walks away out of frame. The team watches when suddenly Mr Brown starts shaking his head violently. The bird steps back into view with an ax.

"No." Garcia mumbles.

"Ms. Parker, this is very important, the man who owns that room is connected to a string of murders."

"Oh my god, how is that possible?"

"Please. Can you tell us what happened?"

"You're suggesting I put a dangerous criminal who was on the FBIs most wanted list, who's killed 30 people that we know of, on my team to help with investigations?"

"No, Aaron, I'm afraid I'm not asking. I'm telling you."

"Excuse me?"