Cases

The house the government decided to keep Kai Parker in was nothing special. There wasn't much to it and yet Kai could think of many words to describe it.

Simple. Old. Brown. Small. Boring.

Just some of the words she would use.

It was small. Two bed rooms, small kitchen, two bathroom, living room, and that was it. She spare bedroom had no bed in it. Though considering she was the only one who ever slept in the house, it only made sense.

During week days she spent her time in the office doing paperwork if the team wasn't out on a case. When she went "home" she ate and went to sleep. The weekends were what she dreaded.

Of course she wasn't allowed out of the home. Which meant that she had to find something to keep her busy. She read books, drew, colored, paced, listen to music, and despite not really liking TV she was able to convince the officers that watched her to let her watch the news once in a while. She found that she spent majority of her time standing by the back window and watching birds. Something that annoyed the officers greatly. Not enjoying sitting there and watching her watch something else. Especially something they all found so boring.

Due to being in the house Kai found it hard to ever find time to work out. She liked being active. And despite spending so much time on the move she always found a way to stay active. She tried convincing some of the police officers to go on a run with her or even spar, but of course none of them were having it.

Apparently she had asked too many times because somehow Hotchner had heard and a treadmill along with a punching bag were in a spare room when she got to the house after work one day.

Unfortunately Parker wasn't allowed to join the team on the next case. Apparently a local politician was involved. She didn't know why the FBI seemed so concerned that she would kill or hurt some random politician she never even heard of before. She didn't even pay attention to politics. As far as she was concerned they were all old, stupid men, with their focus on themselves and not others.

She didn't know what to do while her team was at work. It was the first time she was stuck in the house other than the weekend. She was bored out of her mind.

She wondered what people thought of The Bird. She knew some people thought of her as a hero. Someone who rid the world of terrible people and saved people from becoming victims.

She didn't feel like a hero. She wondered if those same people would still think of her as a hero if they heard of her past. That she was a victim herself? Would they still like her after hearing how her virginity was stripped away from her? Would they think she was less badass when they heard she was a doctor? Would that be considered boring? Or only make her seem more intelligent? Even if she was nothing like the one and only Dr. Reid.

Why was she thinking about him?

The point is she wasn't everything people thought her to be. She wasn't a hero and she certainly didn't think of herself as some badass vigilante. She wasn't badass. She wasn't cool.

She was the girl who hated when people glanced her way.

She was girl who hated attention.

She was the girl who was scared of spiders.

She was the girl who loved the color of blood.

She was girl who drank her worries away.

She was the girl who left Supernatural on at night while she slept because when it was too quiet the voice of Redn- him was all she could hear.

Not that she could do that anymore. She was only allowed to watch the news. And she didn't have a tv in her room.

She had no communication with anyone. The officers ignored her when she tried to talk to them. They only gave her angry or annoyed looks. Only ever talking to one another and often pretending she wasn't even there.

God she really wished she could hear Spencer's rambling right now.

What did he have to do with anything?

Ugh. She was going insane.

***********************
Sorry this chapter is so short! I'll make sure the next one is longer! Thank you all for your support!

Special thanks to @thefunniestloser and @KanekiRules21

It's comments like yours that help me write and make this story possible!