Kais Deal

This chapter and the following chapter will have details from Criminal Minds: Season 10 Episode 17 "BreathPlay" for those who want to watch the episode or are curious.

This takes place a year after the arrest of THE BIRD

#############################

"Arron, can I come in?"

Aaron Hotchner was sitting at his desk in his office. Reviewing the reports of his teams from the last case. As Unit Chief it was his job to make sure all reports were ready and finished on time to send to the director and put into storage. Something he was not prepared for, was the new FBI Director Cruz, to show up in his office.

"Yes please. Sit. How can I help you?"

"I'm afraid I have some news you may not like. It's about Kai Parker."

This caught Aarons attention. And what came out of the directors mouth next was something he never could of imagined.

"You're suggesting I put a dangerous criminal who was on the FBI's most wanted list, who's killed maybe 40 to 50 people, that we know of, on my team to help with investigations?"

"No, Aaron, I'm afraid I'm not asking. I'm telling you."

"Excuse me?"

"This wasn't my idea, Aaron. And if I had a say, that woman wouldn't be within miles of your team. But, this has gone way over my head. Strauss apparently signed off on it a while ago. But since you were dealing with the Replicator everything was moved back. The Attorney General made the decision and my job is to see that it goes forward. They even got the approval of the president."

"The president?" As in 'of the United States'? There was no way.

"I'm sorry Aaron, there's nothing I can do. It's not permanent. It's merely a test to see what she can do and if she could be helpful in catching other criminals. It's for six months. That is if she even manages to stay that long. And If she does, they will look over everything and see what to do with her then."

"If she lasts that long?"

"There are rules she has to follow obviously. She'll be given a new name and identity. If she does anything to put you and your team or any civilian in danger she will be thrown back in prison immediately. It is my personal belief that they are letting her off too easily. But it seems as long as she does what they say they are willing to give her a little freedom and if she does well they will give her more. They practically own her now." Cruz says.

"She's already on her way to her new place. She's being escorted by some agents. When she's not working here she will be in a house that they have chosen. The General Attorney has officers of both the Police Department and the FBI taking turns watching the house and her. But when she's in the building but on the field she's on our watch. She will be here in a month Hotchner. The team cannot know until the day of. I'm actually not even supposed to tell you yet. But I figured you would need the warning."

It was only a week later when Cruz appeared again.

"Cruz?"

"It's time. I know it's early. I heard you also have a case. Probably not the best time for her to show up." Cruz says sympathetically.

"No." Hotch says. "I was going to give Garcia another hour to get ready but since the girl is here we might as well get started."

Aaron picks up his phone and dials a number. "Garcia I need you to gather the team and get them into the bulletin in ten minutes. It's important." After a second he hangs up.