Episode 2 Part 1

Amai and Ichigo stood in front of Ryou and Keiichiro, still locked in confusion and amazement.

"Who are you two?" Amai wondered.

"Just a rich high school kid." Ryou said. "And the owner of a café, or so we want everyone to think." Keiichiro said, closing his eyes and smiling brightly. Both Amai and Ichigo's tails swayed as they stood there, questions building in their brains.

"So..." "Who are you guys really?" Amai started, and Ichigo finished. "We're trying to defend Earth from aliens that are threatening humanity. But we won't be the ones fighting them. That's your mission, Tokyo Mew Mew!"

Guiding them inside, Ryou and Keiichiro took Amai and Ichigo to the lower floor of the café. The entire room was dim but lit with bright computers and devices. It looked like a secret headquarters.

"Amai Yukimura, Ichigo Momomiya, I believe a reintroduction is in order." Keiichiro stated. He bowed his head. "This is Ryou Shirogane, and I am Keiichiro Akasaka."

"Keiichiro is a leading figure in the study of cryptids." Ryou described. The little puffball from earlier flew in front. "Cryptids are unsubstantiated creatures such as Nessie or the tsuchinoko." Keiichiro smiled up at the puffball. "This is R2000, our very helpful robot." R2000 floating down next to Amai. "I'm R200, nice to meet you." It leaned to the side, as if it was offering its little wing in a handshake. Amai grinned and gently took its wing. "You're so cute!" "Nice to meet you." Ichigo said.

Keiichiro continued to speak. "As I developed into cryptozoology, I made an intriguing discovery. Fantastic creatures such as the Nessie, the tsuchinoko, or the yeti, are actually normal creatures parasitized by aliens and turned into Chimeral Animals."

Amai and Ichigo listened, deep in his words. "Chimera Animal?" Amai said. R2000 explained. "The rat you fought was a Chimera Animal!" "The identity of these aliens is a mystery, but we know they intend to use these animals and their abilities to take over Earth." Amai's stomach dropped.

"So..." Ryou said. "We're going to have you two fight them, Mew Amai and Mew Ichigo!" Both girls began to sweat drop. "But why us?!" Whined Ichigo. Ryou's eyes narrowed a bit. "Back at the museum, we infused you, Ichigo, with the DNA of the Iriomote cat." His gaze moved to Amai. "And we infused you with the snow leopard."

Amai remembered the beams of light that hit them earlier, where she saw that snow leopard and it went into her.

"Now it's around here somewhere." She suddenly felt Ryou's hands feeling her arms and shoulders in different places. Her cheeks blazed and she shoved him away. "Wh... what are you doing?!" Ichigo slapped his hands. "Put those back away from her!" "Ryou, you're a creep!" R2000 said, squeezing his eyes shut. Ryou yelled back, irritated. "I'm NOT a creep! Here!"

He gripped her left arm and pointed to a mark on her left shoulder. It was designed as a jeweled heart surrounded by five smaller hearts. "This is your Mew mark." Amai looked down at it, amazed. Then Ryou took Ichigo's leg and hoisted it up a few inches, revealing a mark on her right thigh with a simple open-heart design. "This is yours."

A couple seconds later....

"UGH!" Ryou went falling back as Ichigo's boot smacked into his face. "Ichigo..." Amai sighed, Keiichiro just chuckling softly. Ryou gained his composure before continuing.

"We've been looking for people who are a match to the DNA of endangered animals. The matches to the Snow Leopard and the Iriomote cat..." He paused as the computer behind him projected images of the two cats and the girls faces next to them. "...are you two."

"Endangered animals are strongly motivated to fight against the odds threatening their survival." Keiichiro said. "You both can use those strengths to fight back against the aliens."