Episode 4 Part 2

With all eyes on her, as well as the spotlight, Amai stood center stage, her eyes closed. Though it wasn't from any show or movie, she knew exactly what to do for this. Taking a deep breath, she opened her mouth and began to sing.

Skies crystal clear

Beauty every year

Grass the brightest green

Waters healthy and clean

Where plants grow far and wide

And people smile all the time

I dream of the world we once had

Before it became lost and sad

Believe, my love, believe

That happiness, we shall again receive

Though now, that's not how it seems

I'll keep holding on to my dreams

Every note, she hit perfectly. Even with all the emotion that flowed through her veins as she sang, when she was near tears by the end of it, she held on. There was passion, and love, and something deep in the lyrics, that much was clear to the whole room.

Quiet awe was the first reaction. Then applause filled the silence, followed by cheers. The Mews were by far the loudest. Amai smiled shyly, taking a glance at Zakuro. She was applauding too, yet her eyes held something in them that Amai couldn't read. Wonder or curiosity, impression or approval, she didn't know.

Later that night, the girls encountered Zakuro on the roof of the building, with Pudding among them, having called her earlier to come. The idol noticed their presence and faced them. Amai spoke first.

"Zakuro, I wanted to ask you something. Why did you want me to a solo?" Zakuro stared. "You have something in you. Something I've been searching for a long time." The girls became confused. Zakuro turned back around with her arms on the edge. "I want to surpass myself. If I do that, I'll be able to overcome any challenge. You carry an air of confidence and strength that helps you face challenges head on, that I saw in your audition. I admired that."

Amai didn't know what to say to that. What Zakuro said was true, she was confident before. But if only she, and the others, knew how insecure and doubtful she really was of herself for her secret. What would Zakuro have thought of her if she knew that?

Thankfully, Ichigo spoke up and saved her thoughts from going deeper. "Um, Zakuro-san, there's something we need to talk to you about." Before anything else could be said, another voice spoke from above the group. "Are you girls having fun up here?"

They all looked behind them, and there on the upper roof stood Kisshu with a hoard of Chimera birds. "Can I join you?"

"Kisshu?!" Amai was not expecting to see him again so soon. He grinned wider. "Hi, honey! I came to say hello!" She was unable to send back a response. The other Mews glared at the alien, dropping his grin. "What's that boring look for?" He smirked. "Fine, then. I'll liven things up around here!"

Snapping his fingers, the birds flew up and started heading towards them. Quickly, everyone transformed, doing their signature pose and catchphrase. The fight begun, all their attacks hitting and missing the Chimeras. There were too many, though, and it wasn't long before they were all being assaulted by the sharp beaks of the birds. Zakuro was surrounded, too. Yet in seconds, a glow engulfed her, and she became Mew Zakuro.

"Zakuro, her powers activated!" Amai gasped, amazed. Mint clasped her hands in adoration. "My Queen Zakuro, you look transcendent!"

Zakuro stared ahead emotionless. Kisshu didn't look so pleased. "What? There's another one of you?" He then shrugged. "Whatever. Take her out first, then!"

The crowd of Chimeras made a move for her. Glaring, she pulled out a cross-shaped stick which had a whip extend out of the tip. The whip destroyed all the aliens in one swoop, leaving the Mews in more awe. Kisshu tsked, irked. "Defeated again. I'll leave things here for today. Bye, honey!" He waved to Amai before teleporting.

After turning back, the girls complimented Zakuro.

"I knew someone of your queenly stature could do it!" Mint praised. Pudding beamed up at the idol. "You're amazing!" "I'm so glad we have such an amazing teammate!" Retasu said. "For real, I can't believe it!"

Amai wanted to say something, but stopped when she was Zakuro's face. It was so cool, not one hint of happiness or anything. A heavy feeling suddenly entered the Mew leader.

"I have no intentions of teaming up with anyone." That made the feeling worse. "I don't need teammates." Zakuro began to walk away. Mint was stuck, then gasped in distress and ran up to the older girl, stepping in front of her. "P-please wait, Queen Zakuro! You were chosen! Your fate is to fight with us as a Mew Mew!"

"Listen..." "Yes?!" Mint got her hopes up too fast. "You're annoying." That shattered Mint. "Wh-what?" Zakuro continued to walk away, leaving the poor Mint crushed. She fell to her knees, the girls immediately at her side. Amai looked at Zakuro's retreating figure, upset.

"Zakuro, why?!"