Chapter 11

Fae and Ally made their way to the football game, excitement buzzing in the air as they joined the crowd cheering for their school's team. Maddy was busy with volunteering duties, so Fae and Ally slipped away to one of the bathrooms for a quick vape break. Fae couldn't resist the urge to check her phone and found herself texting Kai, much to Ally's annoyance.

"Seriously, Fae? We're out here having fun, and you're glued to your phone texting him," Ally groaned, frustration evident in her voice.

Fae sighed, realizing she had been neglecting her time with Ally. "Sorry, Ally. You're right. I'll put my phone away," she apologized, switching off her device and slipping it back into her pocket.

They rejoined the crowd just in time for the final round, where the winners would be announced. 

Fae found herself standing next to a tall, blonde guy and struck up a conversation, asking him about the score counts.

"2-1" he replies with a smile. 

"Thank you." And then Fae turned back to Ally.

As the winners were announced and fireworks lit up the sky, a girl approached Fae, delivering a message from one of her friends who liked her and wanted her Instagram. Fae hesitated for a moment before deciding to stick to her principles.

"Tell your friend to come talk to me himself if he's interested," Fae replied confidently, sending the girl on her way.

Moments later, Fae was approached by a group of guys, one of whom stepped forward and introduced himself as Shane. He asked for her Instagram and complimented her, calling her pretty. Fae felt a pang of uncertainty as she thought of Kai, but ultimately decided to go for it. Fuck it.

"Sure, why not?" Fae shrugged, handing her Instagram over to Shane with a smile. "It's faexx_," she added. 

As they exchanged Instagram handles, Shane flashed Fae a charming smile. "So, what school do you go to?" he inquired, genuine curiosity in his blue eyes.

Fae returned his smile. "I go to AB High," she replied.

"Nice! I'll make sure to text you later," Shane said with a grin, giving Fae a playful wink before turning to rejoin his friends.

 With a smile on her face, she turned back to Ally.

Later that night, Fae's phone lit up with a new message, and she couldn't help but smile as she saw it was from Shane. They exchanged introductions and quickly started a conversation, getting to know each other better. Shane commented on Fae's appearance, mentioning that she looked Russian and complimenting her on her beauty, noting that she stood out from the girls in their country. Fae thanked him for the compliment, feeling good about herself.

As their conversation flowed, Shane asked for her Snapchat, and Fae shared her username with him. They wrapped up their chat as Fae's phone buzzed again, this time with a message from Kai. Before responding to him she texted Shane wrapping up the conversation"I have to go, I'm going to sleep. Nice talking to you," Fae quickly typed out, feeling some guilt at leaving Shane so abruptly.

Shane replied, "Goodnight, Fae. We can talk more tomorrow," he messaged before they left the chat.

With a sigh, Fae turned her attention to Kai's message, her heart fluttering at the thought of continuing their conversation. She quickly composed a reply, her fingers flying across the screen as she eagerly responded to Kai's text.

Deep down Fae felt bad.

Not because of  her talking two guys at the same time but beacause, how willing she was to drop everything and be with Kai. He had her wrapped around his finger. She knew that. He knew that.