Cannon vs Fandom

Sonic laid in his hammock. The breeze lightly blew by, making his quills sway a little. It had been a slow, yet calming day. Amy was out on a girls trip with Sticks, Knuckles was off finding a new hobby, and Tails was working on a new machine. What could possibly go wrong?

-

Tails grunted as he struggled to tighten the last bolt on his new machine. It was supposed to be a teleporter to any dimension. As the bolt finally tightened, Tails found himself hitting the floor from all the force he was using. With the last part finally done, the exhausted fox laid down, accepting the rest.

"Finally..." he whispered.

After a few minutes of resting, the sound of a distressed bird came into ear shot. Opening his eyes, Tails sat up and looked around. Just as the sound disappeared, a blue bird came zooming through the opened window into the workshop. A metal bee, one that Eggman created, was following behind. They both flew above the machine and Tails head.

"Eggman!" Tails exclaimed, grabbing the wrench from besides him and getting up.

Like a game of ring-around-the-rosy, the three ran in circles. The bird flying away, the bee chasing after the bird, and Tails chasing after the bee. Finally, the bird flew down, hitting the new machine Tails created. It rocked back and forth, swaying closer and closer to the edge of the table. Tails managed to hit the bee, making it go may day and spin out of the workshop into an old puddle.

Whipping a droplet of sweat of his forehead, Tails looked to the table to see the machine about to tip over the edge, "Oh no!" he cried, jumping to his creation.

With his hands sticked out, the machine fell perfectly into his palms. Tails let out a sigh of relief before the bird came flying back in, knocking the machine out of Tails hand and onto the floor. It broke a little, but not to much.

"NOO!!" Tails exclaimed.

-

The sound of footsteps in the sand woke Sonic from his nap. His ears perked up, but he kept his eyes closed.

"I know you're awake, Faker." a familiar voice said.

Sonic opened his eyes and spotted Shadow. A smile appeared on the blue hedgehog's face as he sat up to greet his friend.

"Hey Shadow!" he winked.

Shadow groaned and rolled his eyes before stopping at the foot of the hammock. He placed a hand on his hip, a bag in his other hand.

Sonic raised an eyebrow, "Whatchu got there?" he asked.

"I found this weird tree with odd looking fruits."

"And?"

"And I wanted you to try it with me." Shadow replied harshly.

With an even bigger smile, Sonic patted the hammock, gesturing for Shadow to join him. Reluctantly, he did. Opening the plastic bag, inside were five mangos.

"Whoa! I didn't know we had mangos on this island!" Sonic said.

"Mangos? It that what these are called?"

"Yup! They're sweet and tangy. But be careful because they can get stuck in your teeth!" he chuckled.

"Well how do we open it?"

"I'll go grab a knife and spoon from Amy's house. Brb."

Watching Sonic zoom off, Shadow placed the bag in his lap. A light breeze went on by, making Shadow close his eyes to enjoy it. After a few minutes, the sound of sand moving made Shadow open his eyes.