- Epilogue -

There's an old saying that my mom used to tell me. She used to always say that "whatever is done for love occurs beyond good and evil."

When I was younger, I never believed it. After all, parents will say anything to make you feel better after your siblings are picking on you.

But as I grew up, I started to see it first hand. See, when I was a kid, I was gifted with these amazing powers. Flying, super speed, strength like no other, etcetera etcetera. And I knew I had to use them for good.

So now, ten years later, I'm living the full double life.

During the day, I'm just John. A college student so close to graduating, and a lovable dork who happens to like turtles.

But when I'm needed, I'm Hyperion. The "Manhattan Hero" as the newspapers call me. I've mainly stopped robberies, or saved people from burning buildings, never anything too crazy or out of the norm.

And for a while, I thought I was the only one. It was quite lonely. Until one day, when I was helping in some neighborhood, catching some guys who were going door to door and breaking in.

I was doing my best at rounding the thieves up, but a couple had run in split directions, so I lost one of them. As the ones I caught were being loaded into the cop cars, a stranger in a hood came walking up with the final one.

"Here, I caught this one trying to sneak away." He says.

The police take him into custody and I approach the mysterious man who brought him in. Something about him seemed familiar, I just couldn't quite place my finger on it.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I ask. He looks up and smiles at me.

"Maybe in another life." He says, before holding his hand out. "I'm Cyclone. It's so nice to finally meet you, Hyperion."

I shake his hand, and can't help but smile back at him. His smile was somehow infectious.

I clear my throat and place my hands on my hips, looking at the robbers getting taken away in the cars. "You know, I tend to do these kind of jobs myself." I say.

"I'm not here to step on any toes, I'm just here to help out." He says, holding his hands in front of him. "Let's just say you've inspired me to really use my abilities to help other people."

I look him up and down. I know I shouldn't just trust a stranger right away, but something about this man.. The way he talked, the way he smiled, his eyes.. I just knew that I could trust him. With anything.

"Well, if you wanna assist me, I'm going to have to do an interview for you." I shrug. "How about we go, I don't know, discuss this over a cup of coffee? Or something?"

He points at me teasingly. "Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were asking me on a date."

I blush quite a bit and smile nervously at him. "Maybe I am. It just feels right, but I'm not sure why... Is that alright?"

He smiles and nods. "It's more than alright. I'd love to grab a cup of coffee." He tells me.

And honestly, the rest is history. After a while of dating as superheroes, we revealed ourselves to each other and moved in together, and are now living our own, happy little life. I guess what I'm trying to say is I never realized how dull my life was.

Until the day that he showed up. 

609 Words

And there we have it. Coming back and writing again has been so much fun, I've really missed doing stories for you guys. And this one was just the most fun trying something new and getting to play around while taking inspiration from some of my favorite shows. I don't have anything set to come out anytime soon, but I do have a couple ideas locked in the Google Docs. I'm also hoping to write some non fanfiction content on here soon, so keep an eye out for that! Thank you guys again, I'll keep you updated with any new stories and such.