The Mirror of Time

In a time that had long passed into legend, the ancient forest realm that was the primogenitor to Alf's Royal Forest, ruled by the stringent Queen Celdia, was in its prime.

On this day that would forever change the course of history, the momentous event began at sundown. The glowing golden-orange illumination created as the sun sank into the horizon basked the treetops and forest floor with its warm spectrum of hues.

The trees towered above like living mountains, their leaves softly humming an ancient knowledge forgotten long ago. In a secluded grove, two figures had come together, their alliance exuding a subtle power that radiated into the primordial woodlands.

Lady Celdia, the legendary high elf queen, donned a regal gown, wrapped in robes, and bore a fairy tiara from which her emerald bangs draped before her, her jade eyes observing with a serene mindfulness. Her hair cascaded down her back, flowing like the mouth of a river flowing into the sea.

Across from her, kneeling with his head bowed, was a man of immense bearing.

Albert Waldstein, with hair as dark as the night, knelt before the high elf queen, his head bowed in reverence. His boyish features were softened by the warm glow of the setting sun, giving him the appearance of an innocent youth. The gleaming, intricate, knightly armor Albert wore highlighted the fierce pride and humility in which he knelt before the queen.

At this moment, the two symbolized the ancient world's highest hopes as two races coming together under one accord.

"Really, Albert," Celdia spoke, her voice slightly chiding as she stared down at him. "You don't need to be so formal. How many times do I have to tell you that I hate it when you prostrate yourself in front of me like that."

Albert lifted his head, his eyes meeting Celdia's .

"But I'm just an uncultured human." He replied.

"Albert, we have already determined to unite our people, you and I." Celdia smiled mischievously at him, the sunset reflecting in her eyes. "There is no reason for us to be so distant from each other, no matter the circumstances."

"We have determined it, but there are still those among our people who disapprove." Albert chuckled.

Celdia's lips curved into a gentle smile, a rare sight for the usually stoic queen. "Where have you been, Albert? Eloping with a spirit?"

"Well, isn't it better if we get married first and explain to the others afterward?" Albert smirked at her as Celdia raised a dubious eyebrow at him. "The things I want to do with you cannot be accomplished without an heir, or should I say, heiress to continue our bloodline."

Celdia's cheeks flushed at his insinuation, her face turned away in embarrassment.

"By the way, Albert, how is your daughter? Is she doing well?" She asked as she tried to change the subject.

"Well, you made her... cry, if I recall. Or rather, your words did. Surely, it can't be helped that she has been sulking all day long." Albert explained as he shrugged. "You're a very harsh and stringent woman, my Queen."

Celdia was slightly embarrassed and her face turned slightly pinkish. "Well, what was I supposed to say? I couldn't help but criticize her. That child will never become a proper queen like me with such a rebellious nature. "

"There's nothing wrong with Ais." Albert smiled wryly at Celdia. "It's true that she has a rebellious nature, but she has a pure heart. Just like her mother."

"Albert, don't mention her in my presence." Celdia's cheeks went completely pink and her ears grew hot, so much so that her entire face was flushed red.