A Dream for the Future

The Vespyad city of Luminastra was undoubtedly one of the great marvels, wonders and secrets of the Dungeon. Encapsulated within the heart of the Dungeon, its bioluminescent architecture had a gentle gleam, bathed in a placid brilliance, a striking unlikeness to the rest of the Dungeon that had been twisted and corrupted by Medusa's malign influence. Princess Zatrona led the Wives through winding pathways, the air filled with the gentle hum of Vespyad wings.

The leader of the company, Riveria Ljos Alf, walked adjacent to Bell Cranel, the new Perseus. The bond they had developed would change the tide of the battle against Medusa, the Dark Mother, whose darkness loomed over the entire lower world. But it would come at an immense cost: the Light Bond Shield consumed Riveria's life force. Riveria had already made peace with the fact she might sacrifice her own life to protect what was at stake. But Bell could never accept it. The Light Bond Shield had already shown its power, but he couldn't bear the thought of losing her, the woman whom had become as precious to him as his first love, Aiz Wallenstein. As they approached a grand hall, he turned to Riveria, his voice barely a whisper.

"Riveria-sama.... I promise, I will get strong enough to save you... I made a promise to bring you back safe and sound."

Riveria smiled softly, her emerald eyes filled with a veiled sorrow. "Bell Cranel, I am not afraid to do what must be done. I do confess that I'm afraid of dying, but I've had countless brushes with death before. I know full well that any adventure could be my last. I barely survived the expedition to the 59th floor, and none of the Loki familia executives would be here today had you not inspired them."

She placed her hand on his cheek and said, "Now Bell Cranel, cast aside your fears and sorrows. I've had a good long life, and now you have your whole life ahead of you. You have a future with Aiz and I would only get in the way because of my own selfishness."

Bell held her hand, his resolve only growing stronger. "No Riveria-sama, you've never had the chance to marry and have a child of your own. It's unfair for you to sacrifice your life for everyone else. You're deserving of love. When we get back home, I'll make sure Aiz and I give you all the love we can, every day."

Riveria gasped at his declaration and stammered, "Y-y-you are truly an innocent boy, Bell Cranel! Vice does not become you!"

"Riveria-sama, I could never lie to you or pretend, so please listen to my words." He paused for a moment and declared, "I love you Riveria Ljos Alf, more than you could ever know, and I want to make you happy every day of your life."

Bell took both of Riveria's hands into his own and said, "Please grant me the honor of being your husband. But who am I kidding? You could have any man you wanted at anytime."

Riveria held him close and whispered, "My answer is yes, but under one condition, Bell Cranel."

He whispered back, "Name it Riveria-sama."

Her voice was filled with desire as she whispered in his ear, "No more sama's between us. It's just Riveria. And you will promise to love Aiz and I the same as if you are our husband. Is that understood Bell Cranel?"

He felt himself blushing at the sheer audacity of her words.

Bell hugged her close and said, "Hai! Riveria-san."

Bell broke from her embrace, but Riveria gave him a glare that would have wilted an entire field of flowers. He corrected himself, "I mean, Hai, Riveria."

"That's better, Bell..."

The Wives waited until Riveria and Bell joined them at the threshold of the grand hall. Princess Zatrona approached the young hero and spoke.