CHAPTER 37

CHAPTER 37

" Bye for now" Dennis turned around and said to Kevwe," It has been a pleasure meeting you" He added.

" You too" Kevwe replied," Bye " She added as he turned towards the door and Chelsea escorted Dennis to the gate.

They both walked in silent until they got close to the gate, still in shock of what happened between them this evening.

" Oh, my God, look at the time. It is 8pm already. I was so entranced by the series, that I forget to look at the time " Chelsea exclaimed looking at the time on her phone screen.

" And my company too, right?" Dennis asked flirtly.

" Yes, I guess " She agreed.

" That's score for me, for you agreeing to like and enjoy my company to the extent that you forgot the ideal of the time. I can even high five myself, if it is possible ' He boasted, " Look I did it" He added,as he used his two hands to give himself an high five and air fist bump.

" Yes you did, but don't get use to it" She warns him playfully.

" I heard people forget about some things when they are in love and I hope you keeping forgetting until you give up all your iron control of your emotions " He said to her.

" As if. That's one thing I will not loose control over and can't afford to, because it is the only thing that keeps us sane, if it is under control. We can't live our emotions to run rampantly" She told him.

" But it is nice hearing that you forgot such an important thing in my presence. That means we are heading somewhere and I will run with it. It is not everyday I hear you say you enjoyed my company. Most times you make me feel as if you don't and can't wait to live my presence, as if it is suffocating you " Dennis said sadly.

" But I do enjoy your presence" She told him.

" Yes, I know, but it wouldn't hurt you to show it and it will great to hear it from you once in a while " He said with a said face.

" Don't worry I would do just that everyday, What are friends for?" She asked, as smiled and Dennis smiled back at her.

As they walked towards the gate, " So this is me saying goodnight. I'm sorry I kept you so long " Chelsea apologize again.

" Don't say that you didn't do anything. I'm so into you that I usually forget to look at the time, that's to show you that you are so special to me, my love " He told Chelsea and gave her a peck on forehead.

" Dennis!, friends don't kiss " Chelsea exclaimed.

" Who told you that's a kiss?" He asked her.

" Literally the universe " She said to him.

" That's just a peck and a peck does not count as a kiss. It is just a way to express fond feelings and I have to tell you, I'm so fond of you " He confess to her.

" Oh, Dennis stop that" She said to him, as she began to blush.

" Stop what?" He said as he held her hands.

" Okay, come and be going " She said, as she snatched her hands gradually from his, since he held on to them so tight.

" Are you not going to say it back? " He asked holding on to her hands with his dear life, as if there was no tomorrow.

" I love you too" She told him as she saw him blush, " As a friend " She added.

" That's good enough for me, because a song writer said" Always, friendship can turn into love and when it does I will be right here waiting " He told her with all sincerely.

" Dennis " Chelsea said almost emotionally as if she wanted to cry.

" My love what's wrong?" He asked.

" Nothing" She replied.

" It was as if you wanted to cry just now or were over whelmed my confession of love for you" He said to her playfully.

" Shut up, don't milk it" She told him playfully gave a light tap on his chest as if she wants to hit him and Dennis held her hands and place on his chest.

" What are you doing?" She asked surprised.

" Lengthen the moment " Dennis told her flirtly.

" Please love me " She said playfully, " You and your cheesy line" She added.

" But you know I mean all my words right?" He asked her.

" Yes, I do" She agreed.

" And that's good enough for me" He told her, " So I'm I forgiven ?" He asked.

" I guess so" She replied.

" You guess or you know so" He asked her wanting to be sure she has forgiven him.

" Yes, you are forgiven" She told her," But don't do that next time" She advised him

" Or what you will tie me up and flog me?" He asked jokely.

" Oh my God, your vocabulary is so corrupting " She said to him, thinking he meant something else.

" What did you think a mean?" He asked her suspicious of what he thinks she thought he said.

"Nothing" She muttered.

" Oh my God, you didn't" He exclaimed in surprise.

" I didn't " She said defensively.

" You totally did. Amarachi, I didn't know you had such a dirty mind" He said.

" I said I didn't " She argued.

" Wait, you thought I ........" He was saying as Chelsea cut him short.

" Okay, good night" She told him and pushed him playfully outside the gate.

" Goodnight my love " He shouted from the other side of the gate and burst into a happy laugh and got into his car and drove home.