CHAPTER 50

At work the next day during launch break in Dennis's office, he picked up his phone and called Kevwe's number, which he saved after Chelsea gave him the number.

" Hello" Kevwe agreed.

" Hi, Good afternoon, It's Dennis" Dennis greeted.

" Oh, Dennis Hello " Kevwe greeted, " If you don't mind me asking, how did you get my number?" Kevwe asked.

" From your friend?" Dennis replied.

" Chelsea gave you my number, why?" Kevwe asked again.

" Well the reasons being that a friend wanted it" He told her.

" Lucas you mean " She said knowingly.

" Yes" He agreed.

" That dummy" Kevwe said lightheartedly.

" Don't call my friend a dummy " He told her.

" Excuse me?" She asked.

" You are excused" He replied.

" Don't get your pant in a knot, I was joking" She said to him, " I thought I told him I'm not interested in whatever he is up to" She told his friend.

" Well that didn't deter him, I guess he is still interested in you and in love obviously " He informs her.

" As if, he just met me " Kevwe astonished.

" Love doesn't care about when you fall in love, with whom you fall in love with, it doesn't matter how you fall and that's why my friend is still in love with you " He told her.

" So philosophical " Kevwe muttered, " Any way he will call me and let him know I will give him a ear full " She told him in advance, as she was about to cut the call.

" Noted" Dennis accepted, " So I also have another reason of calling you" He told her.

" Another reason being?" She asked.

" I wanted to talk to you about Chelsea's up coming birthday" He informs her.

" Okay, I'm hearing you " She replied, as her ears picked up on hearing about her best friends birthday.

" I need your help to plan a surprise birthday party, not just ordinary one, but a grand one" He told her.

" Yes, I'm interested " She said excitedly.

" So will you help me?" He asked.

" Of course, why not?" She asked rhetorically, " This is my best friend we are talking about, I will do anything for her" She told him.

" I know, it is obvious " He said to her.

" And I even kill you, if you hurt her" She warns.

" I also know " He replied.

" Her birthday is February 14th, right?" He asked.

" Yeah, aren't you sure?, You should after all you are getting married soon" Kevwe said.

" Did she tell you this?" He asked excitedly.

" No, unfortunately " Kevwe replied, "You know we girls don't get ahead of ourselves these days. Before a guy will ask us if we were in a relationship and you should go and find your speck. That is the worst feeling ever, when you actually believe you and someone were something more than friends; but that was all in your head. And you find yourself thinking about it all the time, you become depressed and start living on medications. Then your colourful world, which was colourful because of that person becomes gloomy and black and white. You are always worrying where you went wrong, because you actually were truly and totally in love with that person.So these days we are careful what we say and who we believe " She explained.

" I understand, it's okay" He said down cast

" But it is written all over your face, the marriage part" She told him, reassuring him , " In your stares at her" She added.

" Really, I hope she sees it too" He says to her.

" It is and I know you love you and she loves you too " He told her.

" I do love her and hope and believe she is now in love with me" He admitted

" Although she isn't making it easy for me and she is even making it harder for me to detect her true feelings for me , which is confusing if I must say. No offense, she is your friend, best friend at that after all" He told her apologetically.

" None taken" She says, " It's just that she has reasons to and you will have to get from her " She told him, " But Chelsea does not give or pay just anyone her attention especially a guy, that means you are special and she might be in love with you. In the past she never really believed someone will love her back, because she has been hurt a lot for loving people, although not romantic love. I think for you she is willing to try. And from all I have seen she loves you. She might not know it yet or be totally sure yet , but she would soon. Right now she might not have a clue why you are into her or why you like her,but very soon she will get it and she will give you total assurance of her love for you" She added.

" I hope so" He replied.

" So do you have any ideal of what kind of birthday party you want to plan?" She asked him.

" No, that's why I came to you since you two friends, and best friends at that like I said before. So I was hoping you have some ideals, since you would know her more than anyone, that's after her parents " He told her.

" That's true " She replied.

" So what birthday theme do you think she might like?" He asked her.

" Well, Chelsea loves animations, but these days I'm sure princess themes are for children " Kevwe said.

" That's right " Dennis replied.

" I think since Chelsea doesn't like crowds , talk more of a causal atmosphere with flower designs will be to her liking and a lot of sweet pastries, she do like pastries " She advised him.

" Okay, those are good ideals" He agreed.

" But I can get some ideals from her, trickily" She told him.

" That will be a good too, to know what she wants especially since the birthday is for her. It will be good to know what she wants. But you must

do it with tactics we want her to be surprised, please " He pleaded.

" I Sure will " She agreed.

" So this is my business line. We can keep exchanging ideals through the phone. And this number is also my WhatsApp number too" He informs her, only telling her because he has seen she was a loyal friend. If had he detected she wasn't loyal to Chelsea he wouldn't tell her this was his WhatsApp number.

" No problem. I will text or call when I get some information of what kind of theme she might like and what we will need for our plan" She replied .

" Thank you, very much " He told her.

" You are welcome. And it is my pleasure too, I have been hoping to do something like this for her. I hope you will allow me pitch in financially for her surprise birthday?" She asked him.

" If that's what you want, although I would have wanted to do this for her , but if you insist no problem " He agreed reluctantly, but he knows she means well.

" I do insist" She told him.

" Okay" He replied.

" Thanks She greeted him.

" You are welcome. Although I should be the one saying thank you, so thanks " He told her.

" You are also welcome" She accepted his thanks.

" Bye" He bod her, " Just informs me when you get or receive the necessary informations and details for the party" He told her.

" Okay " She replied.

" Okay, bye for now" He bid her too.

" Bye" She replied.