Part 5

Edgar's pov:

Now comes the question, what should we do now?

-So uhm, do you have any other games to play? I kinda don't wanna play UNO again. -Chester asked.
-Yea I should have some...somewhere.

I began to look for board games that have been tucked away and abandoned. I remembered quite a few cleaning sessions and tried to keep track of the new places that could hide the games. Ultimately, I checked on top of the shelf and there they were. I tried to reach them from the ground, getting on tip-toes, but the boxes were just out of my reach. After a moment of struggle, I gave up and went to get the chair. But as I turned around, I saw Chester taking them off the shelf with ease.

-Fuck you dude! You let me struggle when you could easily reach it?!
-Hehe I just wanted to give you a try! -He giggled.
-This is so unfair. -I rolled my eyes.
-So which one should we play? -he looked at the options.
-I don't know, you pick, you're the guest.
-Oh how kind of you~. - he chuckled then smirked.

He put each box down, inspecting the games. From what I was seeing, we were working with chess, monopoly, scrabble and a bunch of other things I never even got to play. We agreed on scramble and both of us sat on my bed. Literally not even 10 minutes later we were yelling at each other.

-DUDE YOU CANT JUST PUT LOL AS A WORD! -Chester yelled.
-Yes I can! It's a word.
-It's a shortening! A slang! Not a real word!
-But we accepted your USA and that's a shortening too! -I crossed my arms.
-THE USA EXISTS ITS A WORD NOT A SLANG!
-Chill out man, you're hurting my ears...
-Actually you know what? I'm getting kinda dizzy, we should stop for now. -Chester said, rubbing his temples.
-Are you feeling sick? Please don't throw up in my bed.
-No, no, I won't, I just feel pretty warm. -I put a hand on his forehead and sure enough, I could feel that he was hot.
-Yea you do seem to have a temperature, I'll go fetch a thermometer to check.

I walked over to the bathroom and looked around in the cabinets. After a few seconds I managed to find one, and I brought it back to Chester.

-Feel free to lay down in my bed, and also just pop this into your mouth for a few minutes. -I handed him the thermometer.
-I never thought I'd be laying in an emo dude's bed one day. -He giggled.
-Bruh, what are you even on about? Is the fever getting to your brain~? -I asked in a babying voice, doing a fake pout.
-You know it might be, cause I'm pretty sure I'm seeing things right now.
-Seeing things? Like what exactly? -I asked curiously.
-I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a really pretty guy in front of me. -his voice quieted as he closed his eyes.
-Wh-what? Are you talking about me? Chester?

I looked at him in disbelief. He passed out.
-Ugh you can't just drop this on someone then fall asleep what the hell!! -I mumbled under my breath, as heat rose to my cheeks.
The thermometer beeped and I carefully took it out of Chester's mouth. It read 38.7C on the device, he got quite the fever. What do I even do with him?

His phone started ringing and it wrote out "Mandy🍬". Oh that's his sister if I remember right. I picked it up and was instantly met with yelling.
-CHESTER WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU AGAIN?? THIS IS THE SECOND DAY INA ROW FOR FUCKS SAKE!! WRITING A MESSAGE OR RINGING ME IS NOT THAT HARD!! YOU SHOULD BE HOME BY NOW!
-Uhm hello? -I said awkwardly after that yelling fit.
-Sorry who are you? -Mandy asked in an annoyed tone.
-I'm Edgar, a classmate of Chester. He's at mine for a project we're working on.
-Oh you're the cool emo dude! -She said, as i had a confused expression.
-Uh yea? I am? Anyways your brother managed to be a dumbass and get drenched in the heavy rain, and now he's knocked out in my bed with a fever. -I explained, rubbing the bridge of my nose.
-Certainly sounds like him. But is he okay tho?
-Yea he's just a bit hot, he fainted mid conversation.
-I understand. I'd guess you don't wanna babysit him, but I can't really pick him up as we don't have a car. If you could drop him off that'd be nice. -Mandy said, clearly embarrassed on his brother's behalf.
-Yea Chester told me you can't come, current plan is that once my mom gets home she'll drop him off.
-Oh that's perfect. Uh may I ask when your mom gets home?
-Yea, it should be like 1-2 hours from now.
-Okay. Well uhm see you later then?
-Yea see ya. -I hung up.