Part 8

Edgar's pov:

Me and Chester were gaming and chatting all afternoon, getting to know each other a bit more. We were doing speed questions on random stuff, and it was actually pretty fun.

-Okay uhh favorite color? -Chester asked.
-Black, obviously. -I rolled my eyes.
-I don't know how I didn't see that.
-Yours?
-Pink, but I tell people green so I don't get bullied.
-Real. Uhmm fave animal?
-Parrots, they're goofy as hell. Fave hobby?
-Gaming. Fave song?
-Backyard Boy by Claire Rosinkranz. Fave band?
-Literally on my shirt. -I flexed my Nirvana T-shirt.
-I keep asking obvious questions! -he giggled.

A moment later, my stomach rumbled VERY loudly.
-Hell nah, my stomach thinks he's holding a goddamn speech here! -I whined.
-This is pretty expected as we haven't ate for hours. Let's go to the kitchen and get some food.

We walked out the door, and surprisingly Mandy was no longer stuck to the tv screen. She must've gone to her room.
-Uh, I'm actually not allowed to use the stove. -Chester said, embarrassed.
-Why? What do you mean?
-I almost burned down the house when we still lived with our parents. I'm a disaster in the kitchen.
-How can you actually suck at cooking so bad you get banned from it? -I tried not to laugh at him.
-Well I'm really good at a lot of other stuff so I guess that's fair! -he said, trying to maintain his self esteem, so I just let him have it.

-Sooo then what do we eat? Do you want me to cook? -I offered.
-Noo! I can't let the guest cook! Let's just order from Mcdonalds.
-Sounds good to me.
-Okiee! What would you like then? -he pulled out his phone, opening the app.
-Would saying chicken nuggets be childish? -I giggled.
-Who cares if it is! Wanna share a 20 piece?
-Sure.

Chester placed his order and then we waited. We were just lingering around awkwardly, and the tension was making my skin crawl.
-We should do something, it's so fucking awkward. -I suggested.
-Agreed. Do you wanna play board games?
-What do you have? No more scrabble tho.
-Haha yea, but in fact I do have the one with the snakes and ladders. -he said, going back to his room to fetch it.
-Oh. My. God. The most classic board game in existence!
-Yea! And it's really fucking annoying! -he laughed, and I joined in aswell.

—————

-Come on give me 4 or above! -I manifested, shaking the dice in my hands before releasing it onto the board. -YES A 6! And I get to roll again!
-Are you gonna give up? If it's a 3 or 5 you're going down the snake.
-Yea but if it's a 1, I go up the ladder and get ahead of you! -I shook the dice and muttered 1 over and over, and then rolled. -FOR FUCKS SAKE ITS THE 4TH TIME I GO DOWN THIS EXACT SNAKE!! -I yelled, as I rolled a 3.
-Told you so. -Chester giggled and then rolled aswell. It was his time to go down a sneak, and his character ended up just behind mine. -WHAT?!
-Haha, karma!

We continued bickering and yelling as we rolled the dice over and over, going forward and backwards on the board. We were getting near the end, but the trick is, we have to land exactly on the finish line.
-Grrr just gimme a 4! Ugh a 1?? Seriously? -I whined.
-Uh just don't land on the snake... yay a 4!
-Of course you get the 4! That was my 4!! -I started hitting Chester's arm, not hard but enough to annoy him.
-Uhh try passive aggression next time please. -he said in an entitled voice and then laughed at his own joke. -But seriously, stop beating my arm it actually kinda hurts. -he pulled away.
-GAME GODS GIVE ME A 3!!! -I yelled and rolled a massive 6. -THIS DOESNT HELP AT ALL! -I rolled again and it's a 2. -Finally! Just 1 step away from victory! You have no way to catch up!
-Just wait and see! -he rolled a 6. And then another one. And then a 5.
-Wait what how??? How the hell are you one step behind me?
-Now it's really on luck. -he rolled a 3, which put him on the same step as me.
-I ain't sharing! -I rolled a 2, stuck in place.
-It seems like you don't want to move tho. -he giggled and rolled a 2 aswell. -Wow the game doesn't want us to leave each other.
-Shut up! I know just the way to get myself a one.
-Oh you have a strategy? Aww aren't you special?-he teased.
-I said shut up! -I kissed the dice and rolled a 1 placing my character onto the last step, winning the game. -FUCK YESS!!
-Aw mann! Good game tho. -we clasped our hands together like bros do.