Part 12

Chester's pov:

-Oh my god, Mandy look at this! -I ran up to her as soon as I got home, grasping the little rag doll in my hands.
-What is that? And why does it look like you?
-It's a doll! Edgar got it for me from the arcade. -I explained.
-Ohh he got you a present~? -she asked wiggling her eyebrows.
-It's not like that. I got a plush for him too.
-So you got presents for each other? And you're tryna tell me that's not gay? -Mandy said with a dumbfounded expression.
-It's not gay! It's a present for fucks sake, you can give them to anyone. -I crossed my arms and huffed.
-Yea yea sure, whatever you wanna believe. -she said in a mocking tone.
-You're so mean Mandy! Why do you have to stick your nose into everything?
-I'm not nagging you or anything, I'm just trying to help you!
-By bullying me? -I raised my eyebrows in confusion.
-By trying to make you realize that the boy you like, could like you back!
-How do you know that I like him??
-Bitch I've known you since you were born! I can read you like a fucking book. But even without that it's still really obvious...
-No it's not!
-Chester sweetie, I can assure you that the only one who doesn't know you like Edgar, is Edgar himself. -Mandy sighed as she rubbed her temples.
-No, that can't be true! It's really not that obvious...right? -I asked shakily and Mandy just stared down at me with an expression that screamed "really?".

I sat down on the couch and rested my head in my hands, sighing as I did so. Mandy just sat down next to me, rubbing my shoulder.
-But you said he doesn't know right? I mean Edgar.
-Doesn't look like he's aware, but I can see signs that he likes you too. -Mandy smiled.
-You think so? -I raised my head to look at her.
-I mean he's way more subtle about it than you, but I can clearly see that he likes you. I'm not sure if it's love tho, or if he's just like that, I don't really know him.
-That's true. So do you think I should confess or something? -I said after a bit of thinking.
-I mean, you shouldn't rush it. Obviously you can't know how he feels until you ask, so you might get rejected. -She warned.
-I know that, and that makes me a bit scared, cause what if he doesn't want to be friends anymore?
-I don't think he's like that, but it would be awkward anyway.

I laid back and thought about it for a second. I think I've got a decent chance actually. Is it worth taking a risk tho?

-I think I'll confess to him when we go to that concert.
-What concert? -Mandy asked, confused.
-Draco's, on saturday.
-WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO A DRACO CONCERT???
-Yea, and I'm taking Edgar as a surprise. -I explained.
-Aren't his tickets like super expensive?? Did you ask dad to lend you money?!
-Bingo.
-How did you even convince him? He's so bitchy when it comes to spending his money on fun.
-I may or may not have told him that I'm courting a girl and wanted to impress her. -I said, rubbing the back of my neck with an embarrassed smile.
-Oh wow, just straight up lying huh.
-It's not really lying! Just the part where it's about a girl...but you know how dad is, I can't tell him I'm gay!
-I really want to kick his homophobic ass, honestly he deserves to be lied to. -Mandy huffed.

We chatted as I yapped about how excited I am to surprise Edgar with this, also explained my little confession plan to her. She warned me that it might not go exactly how I wanted so I should be prepared for any changes. But soon it got late, so we had dinner and went to bed after. As I climbed under my thin sheets, I stared at the jester doll for a while, before hugging it and going off to sleep with a smile on my face.

—————/////////—————

I woke up to my alarm ringing as my phone complimented it by a buzzing noise every second, the vibrations making the device slowly move on the top of my nightstand. After I successfully turned the music down, I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Gosh I was woken up mid-dream, I'm so tired right now. A little bit disoriented, I stood up and looked into the mirror; my hair was pointing everywhere and I looked like I needed glasses with how I was squinting my eyes.