CHAPTER 4

A few days later, Lee Eui-hyun, who entered Chris's room out of habit, could guess that something was wrong by looking at his complexion.

Previously, I was suffering from fatigue due to not being able to sleep, but now it was clearly evident that I was having a hard time due to the mental hardships. I knew the cause without even asking. It must be because of that beast.

The nape of Chris's neck was red and red, as if a flower had bloomed, and it wasn't much of a fuss.

“It’s Chris.”

[ah. I'm sorry, what did you say?]

“What are you saying? I didn't say anything. … … It’s obvious even if you don’t look at it. “What did he say again about being a mistake?”

[yes?]

“Uh, no. “That crazy bitch swore at me.”

As I spoke while patting Chris' shoulder, the hem of his blanket started to get wet as he lowered his head.

While Lee Eui-hyun was shocked by Chris's sudden tears, Chris sniffled a few times and tried his best to make a smiling face. The effort ultimately failed and the shape of her mouth was distorted, making her face look funny, but Lee Eui-hyun quietly patted Chris' shoulder again.

I know that there are times when people just want to be comforted. Instead of saying this or that, Lee Eui-hyeon just patted Chris. Of course, deep down, I was just ripping off Rupert's curse.

As several minutes passed, the sniffling gradually subsided.

[sorry. a little… … , it's okay. You were embarrassed.]

"no. are you okay. “That happens sometimes, right?”

Chris spoke in a slightly quiet voice to Lee Eui-hyun, who responded by waving his hand.

[Yesterday Rupert… … . What, I gave it to you... … They say it means being together forever.]

Lee Eui-hyeon's hand, which had been patting Chris at a steady pace, stopped. Blinking his eyes rapidly, he looked down at Chris.

[But I… … . Like Lee Heon, he’s not from here. So, I will go back someday. Then, Rupert… … . So he said he couldn't accept it.]

This was the first time I heard this story. I had never seen it in the original either. If Rupert had given something to Chris as a token, it would have definitely been treated as an event, and there was no way Lee Eui-hyun wouldn't have remembered it. That means that the story is progressing in a completely new way.

“… … “It’s a story from a side story.”

That was definitely what Rupert was trying to give. What he is trying to give Chris is an unusual item. The thing that contains a part of Rupert's being is fine as long as the owner is nearby, but if he is far away or his feelings for him cool down, it will disappear. And it was an item that had a very big impact on Rupert, the main character, causing him to become paralyzed or even die.

That now?

[Lee Heon?]

"ah… … , no. uh. okay. “I’m listening.”

In response to Lee Eui-hyun's reaction to stopping his movements, he made eye contact with Chris, who called his name, and nodded.

The story was rolling in a way that Lee Eui-hyeon could not understand.

Anyway, they said that the two people should continue as in the original work, but I wondered if it would be okay for the story to proceed this way. It wasn't just that the episode order was reversed, the original content was skipped and content from the spin-off was brought up.