chapter two: meet the toursies

"brendon! adam!" jeff calhoun walked into the backstage of the nederlander theater along with a group of boys and two girls. he called out to the first cast members that he saw.

"what's up?" the blond Delancey brother asked.

"can you find the group of eight?" jeff asked the boys as one of the seven in question came down the stairs.

"the only ones still here are charlie, me, daze, pj, and molls," brody came down the stairs with hogan after hearing jeff's voice.

"well, get them please," jeff rolled his at the eight being down to five. the other three were told to stay after tonight's show because the touring cast was coming and he wanted them to all meet before rehearsal's started in two days. "great job by the way, you two." brody and hogan had gone on at the last minute as the guzman twins called out.

"Thanks, jeff." the devil duo yelled up the stairs to where some of the group would most likely be. "pj! molls! daze!" the two yelled in unison which scared some of the toursies.

"what about your sister?" jeff sighed at the fifteen year old and sixteen year old.

"she popped out her knee again," jp came down the stairs followed by molly plus iain young, who was with them for no reason whatsoever. "so she's getting it re-taped."

"i thought i saw her do something during the playoff," jeff shook his head as the girl in question came up the stairs accompanied by daisy and liana hunt. "there she is."

"hello?" bailey questioned after liana left the other girls. "oh holy shit, it's the toursies."

"charlotte," daisy slapped her shoulder. "tact, use it."

bailey grinned at her friend before leaving her and walking over to stand next to her brother with an arm across his shoulders. daisy rolled her eyes and stood next to molly.

"now that most of the group i wanted, plus some others, have joined us, introductions!" jeff pointed at bailey to kick it off.

"oh lovely, thanks jeff," bailey commented, sarcasm evident in her voice, "i'm bailey jackson, i'm almost 20. i play bandit for the broadway company. i'll be joining the tour with the same role." bailey pointed at daisy to go next.

"i hate you so much," daisy glared at bailey before smiling at the group in front of her. "hi, i'm daisy garcia, i just turned nineteen. i am one of the swings on broadway and i'll be joining the tour with the same part."

"who do you cover for, daisy?" jeff asked for the sake of the toursies.

"i cover for a few of the newsies specifically jojo, albert, elmer, spot, bandit, and i can cover for all the other girl roles too," daisy explained. "i normally don't unless a lot of people are out."

"can i tell it?" bailey asked jeff giving it a go ahead gesture. "some time last december, a lot of the cast was out sick so i was on for bandit as usual plus the hannah track because molls was out so that was chaos. daze had a split track because nico who plays jojo/darcy was out and andy who plays crutchie was out, so daniel who plays albert/bill was on for him-"

"don't forget about the whole darcy and bill mess," hogan interjected.

"oh yeah," bailey grinned. "daze obviously can't play darcy and bill at the same time, so hogan was mike and darcy because adam was out and brody was ike and bill because brendon was out. that day was utter chaos."

"that describes that quite well, bails," jp grinned. "i'm up next, i'm jp ferrari, i'm twenty two. i am currently buttons and i will be a swing for the tour."

"well, that was simple," molly was next. "i'm molly jobe, i'm twenty. i'm currently hannah, a bowery beauty, and a nun. i will be playing smalls, a nun, and a bowery beauty on tour."

"i'm brody, bailey's brother, i'm almost sixteen," brody waved at the group in front of them. "i'm currently a swing on broadway, but i will be playing tiger on tour."

"who are we missing?" jeff asked bailey.

"julian deguzman is not here currently but he plays romeo right now. for tour, he's a swing," molly took over for bailey who had a puzzled look on her face. "mark aldrich is seitz and a bull. kevin carolan is roosevelt, mr delancey, and a bull also. kevin and mark have the same roles for tour. i think that's all of us."

"we'll do a fun fact now," jeff grinned evily. "favorite role you've played. include what show it was in your answer. daisy, you get to start this time."

daisy glared at jeff but still answered. "i don't know, it's either shrek as young fiona or billy elliot tour as debbie. both were really fun to play. bailey's turn."

"wait, regional or any?" bailey asked.

"i don't care," jeff shrugged.

"that doesn't change my answer," bailey grinned. "big fish as young jenny hill or gypsy tour as baby louise. both of them were fun. pj's up."

"don't call me that," jp glared at bailey who smirked. "can i say newsies? i'm saying newsies, this show is awesome. molly's up."

"i'm gonna say the same thing," molly smiled. "newsies definitley. brody's up."

"i'm the last one, so of course it's me," brody sarcastically commented, earning a slap on the head from molly. "my favorite is les miserables hands down. les miserables was the best."