𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

❀° ┄───────╮
𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞
╰───────┄ °❀

Clove wakes up.

She is a completely white room. White bed, white floors, walls, you name it. Even her clothes were white.

For a moment nothing makes sense to her. Then everything comes rushing back to her, overwhelmingly. Dread starts to sink in, realizing that if she is alive Cato is most likely dead. Tears well up in her eyes and spill down the sides of her face.

An avox walks in, and she wipes away her tears. The avox girl motions her up and helps her walk. Unsure of where they were going, Clove just follows the silent girl. She leads her into a room where three figures stand. They turn around and Clove recognizes them as Brutus, Enobaria, and Hibiscus.

"There's our little Victor!" Hibiscus exclaims. She rushes over to Clove and pulls the frail girl into an embrace.

"Good job." Brutus tells her. He pats her on the back and Enobaria gives her another hug.

"Cato?" A raspy voice she barely recognizes as her own asks.

Enobaria's face darkens. "We'll talk more about that later. Come on, it's time for dinner." She leads Clove out of the room and into another. It has a long table and a large feast prepped. Each one of them take a seat. Clove is served small portions, which she thinks is ridiculous but ends up finding it hard to finish.

"Can I have some more?" She asks.

Hibiscus shakes her head. "You can't eat too much. Don't want it all to come back up on stage." She winks.

Clove sighs. "Alright."

Shortly after her prep team comes in to whisk her away, to prep her for her interview. Clove finds herself standing before a mirror, naked, staring at her reflection. All the beauty she used to withhold seems to have been sucked out by the arena. Her eyes had purplish shadows around them, her cheeks hollow, skin too sickly and pale. Those perfectly shaped lips, chapped from lack of water. Her waist is thinner than ever. It has always been small, but now she is able to count each bone of her rib cage. The one thing that remained beautiful about her was her long brown hair.

The prep teams works their makeup magic, and soon enough she looks alive and well again. Jaha comes in holding yet another dress. "There's our little Victor!" He embraces her. "Try this on." He hands her the bundle.

She nods and heads behind the curtain to change. The dress that Jaha had so wonderfully made was a deep blood red, with gold accents and designs on it. The skirt itself was floor-length like a ball gown, but thinner than an actual one. It came with a gold headpeice, a crown. Mimicking the Victor crown she will receive in a few hours. To her relief, the shoes she has to wear are golden flats.

Clove steps out from the curtain and gasps fill the room. "You look beautiful!" Jaha tells her.

"Thank you." She says modestly. She is handed some golden jewelry to put on, along with the ring her mother gave her.

There is a knock at the door and Hibiscus pokes her head in. "It's time!" Clove remembers her using a similar phrase before the first interviews. When Cato was alive.

"Your look gorgeous darling." Hibiscus tells her, interrupting her thoughts.

"Thank you." She replies. Clove pushes Cato out of her mind, saving it for after the interview.