The Great Escape

A rustle, a yawn, Steve woke up to Bert rusling his blankets and gestured to him to get out of bed.

"Shh," Bert held his finger to his mouth "Come with me, quickly."

Bert dashed through the camp site and on to the main road, racing down it while Steve slowly jogged yawning, leaving the others behind, and running out of the town.
Steve had no idea what it was that got Bert so energetic!

"It must be good." he thought.

Bert softly hollared to Steve.

"Hurry up lazy-bonez! Look what I found!"

Steve panted clutching his side, finally caught up to Bert. He was near the forests edge on a small hill sitting down looking at a huge castle looming in the distence, is that? The Kingdom?

"Is-is that the Kingdom?" he panted walking up the hill and collapsing next to Bert. "Damn mornings." he mumbled.

"It is! Yes, we are so close to it! Its not far now."

"Its so beautiful, should we go back and alert the others?"

"Soon, lets just sit here a while." Bert sighed.

They sat in silence, their journey seemed so close to being over, yet, it wasn't finished.
As they sat and admired the castle, they heard the chit-chat of human voices and the clip-clop of hooves.
They looked at each other and crept behind a tree, overhearing the voices.

"Aye, say, have you heard of this band of travellors? Lets say, with a five grand bounty on each of them?"
A deep and husky voice asked his partner.

"And if I have?" A more calmer voice replied.

"I will give you half of the total sum."

"Well," one person chuckled "They strangely are camping in the nearby town up here."

"Ahh."

"Oh no! I think they are talking about us Steve! We must warn the others! Grab my hand."

Steve grabbed Berts hand and poof, they were back at base.

"Shh! Get you stuff and lets go, we need to leave as soon as possible." Steve shook Emerlia and Grunt.

"But, but, apples." Grunt mumbled.

"Nneeiigghhh." Midday snorted, or he really ment, "But but, my apples."

"How about this, there is a madman coming to murder us and we need to leave, fast." Steve drossed his arms

"Yikes! What are you waiting for?" Grunt yelped.

Bonez was already awakened by Bert, and they were ready.

"Ok, I have an idea," Steve suggested "We run behind the buildings, sneakily and then we bolt."

"Sounds good, let's roll!"

They grabbed their belongings, and snuck behind the buildings, like a shadow.
As they were doing that, a woman came out to hang up some washing, and saw the Crew,

"Thiefs! There are thiefs!" screamed the woman.

Emerlia went over to the woman hushing her.

"Ok change of plan, run!" Bert said "On to the road! We can run past the guy!"

They ran through a narrow ally and halted sucking air, the bounty hunter was ten blocks away from them.

"Oy, Jeff, where are they?" one said.

"Down at the camp, I'd say, still sleeping, its still only early." another replied.

"Ok, giddiup!"

And the bounty hunters both galloped down to the camp.

"Nneeigh."

"Shh!" everyone shushed him.

"Aye Jeff, what was that?"

"One of these peasents horse don't worry."

"Phew, everyone, lets go!" Bert said.

They escaped the bounty hunters and were on the road again.
But, would there be more vicious and deadly murderers wanting a pay rise?

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Find out next on, The War Of Worlds!

Naw jk!

Two updates in one day!

:D

Hmm... A ship name for Grunt and Bonez... Why not xD

Gronez! :0