Guilt

(Wilhemina Venable)

: It was supposed to be a fun day for the both of you, but you didn't expect the things that would happen later on because of you

tw: a little angst, fluff

A/N📌: to my gf, this is how I always feel when I do something bad

———

Wilhemina have been in a good mood lately as she has a break from her work. The both of you usually spend the day in the comfort of your house but there are time the two of you will go out to shop, eat or watch some movies. Today is one of those days where you just watch movies with her in the living room, especially at night.

Laying on the sofa, you saw Wilhemina walking towards you with a bowl of cookies. You sit up and took a handful of them and eat it, she looked at you narrowing her eyes. "You really like them?", she asked which you nodded. She told you to move to get herself comfortable, but you didn't just move, you sit at her lap hugging her.

Wilhemina chuckled by your action, "I thought you like the movie?", she cooes. You nodded but were interrupted by a yawn. "There you go", she whispered, laughing that you're sleepy again.

"You need to sleep now", she gently said as she softly touches your hair. You just shook your head but you know her, she'll do something even though you said no. By that, she carried you, her other hand on her cane. Wilhemina won't just casually carry something that is heavy, like you, but she saw the way your eyes always lit up when you are being carried by her when you're sleepy so she was determined in the past to find a comfortable position to carry someone without hurting her back, which she successfully did.

Tucking you to the bed, she placed a kiss on your forehead before gently laying down besides you. "I love you, goodnight", she whispered which you just return with a hug before sleep consumes you.

———

Wilhemina left early for her appointment today. Unfortunately, you forgot the day today so you thought it's just a usual day that's why you were shocked that she's not home and she didn't leave any sticky notes. But you chose not overthink it as you probably thought she just buy something for today.

The moment she woke up, her mood instantly changed when she saw you still asleep. Did she forgot about it. The questions lingers in her mind for a minute before deciding to just get ready, maybe your alarm just didn't ring. An hour had passed and you're still in the same position, her heart sank. She did forgot about it. With a sigh, she left abruptly as she can't handle the fact that you forgot something important.

This has been a routine for you. Going with her for her appointments as you knew your lover so well. All throughout her life, doctors have been a traumatizing thing for her. The degradation she endured for so many years that made her who she is today, a tough and stern woman that everybody thought could not get any more human, until she found you. You discovered a side of her that other people won't see because they're not just you. Now that you are not with her, all the bad memories from her childhood and teenage years suddenly came back in just a second.

Even the thought of you not loving her anymore. Her past lovers doing the same thing before they left her. She knew that you love her endlessly, but the thoughts won't free her from thinking about it whenever she noticed a slight changes from you.