Episode 8

[Eerie music]

Jordan: Welcome back to "Where is Araminta Green?". I am Jordan Thompson and I'm aware that I said that the last episode was going to be the last one but since there have been some interesting developments in the case, I'm back for an additional episode of this podcast, featuring a special guest. I'll let her introduce herself.

Young female: I am Araminta Green. I am the one Jordan has been looking for. I am no longer missing. I am here.

[Crow cawing]

Jordan: Yes, Araminta is here. As many listeners may already be aware—since the case has gotten quite a lot of attention lately in local media—Araminta returned to her parents' house two weeks ago, alerting them of her presence by using the key code only she would know. Since then, theories of where she's been have run rampant in true crime circles, especially since she has so far refused to talk to the media. But today, she will speak to me and tell her truth about why she went missing and came back.

[Eerie music]

Jordan: Before we start though, I want to take the opportunity to introduce the people who are helping me with the podcast today. Since my arm is still injured, my classmate Derek Chao will help me record and edit this episode.

Derek: Hello, everyone! Yes, I'm back. And to everyone who has been asking, yes, I did hear Jordan's heartfelt message to me in the latest episode. So speaking about that, Jordan, do you want to tell everyone the news?

Jordan: Sure... I guess I can now announce to everyone that Derek is not just my classmate anymore but also my boyfriend. We became official this morning actually. So everyone—both online, in school, and under this roof— who has been fretting about our relationship status can now relax.

[Cheers]

Araminta: Congratulations! I'm so happy for both of you.

Tween girl: Wait, I'm confused... I thought Derek already was your boyfriend? I heard mom talking on the phone with grandma yesterday, saying that you would bring your wonderful boyfriend when see them this summer.

Jordan: Well, mom obviously drew her own conclusions. Anyway, that's a great segue to introduce Darcy, my little sister, who... I'm honestly not quite sure what she is doing here. But she insisted on being present for the recording and who am I to question her?

Darcy: I'm keeping an eye on Kiki, of course, to make sure she doesn't roll on the keyboard again!

Jordan: Alrighty then... and that introduces my third assistant: Kiki. Who is enjoying the sunbeam on the window sill right now but who may decide she wants to get a word in later. And I guess that's when Darcy, our resident cat sitter, will swoop in.

[Cat meows]

Darcy: I'm ready!

Jordan: Now that the introductions are over with, we can get back to the star of the show: Araminta Green, who has become a dear friend of mine since her return. We've spent many hours together, working on how to tell her unusual story.

Araminta: And you are a dear friend of mine as well, Jordan. That's why I trust you to tell this story.

Jordan: Thank you, I hope I will do it justice because I do think it's a story worth telling. I know there has been speculation around whether magic or witchcraft was involved in your disappearance, partly because of the hints in that direction from this podcast, so I want to give Araminta the opportunity to address those rumors herself. Araminta, are you a witch?

[Witchy laughter]

Araminta: Is this some kind of witch trial? Are people gonna throw me in a lake and see if I float next? [chuckles] But no, I'm not what you would describe as a witch. I can't do anything anyone else can't. I don't have a cauldron or fly on a broom.