Chapter 23

Danial's POV

When I woke up in the middle of the afternoon, I found that Sara hadn't yet returned,much to my agony.Deciding not to trouble myself with her when she didn't obviously care for me, I went into the kitchen and helped myself to a bowl of pasta made by mom and went into the living room. Turning on the television, I settled for watching a cricket match between Australia and South Africa. It was not live, perhaps it had taken place when I was sixteen. Nonetheless since I loved cricket, I watched the replay. I tried to hard to concentrate, fought with everything I had yetI couldn't help but wonder where exactly she was.

An hour passed by this and yet there were no signs of her when I remembered that I was born in the 21st century and was blessed with technological advancements, one of the many being mobile phones. Since Sara didn't have one, IdialledAdi's number. But he didn't pick up, I ended the call and went back to watching the match.

**************************

At around 7:30 p.m the front door opened and in came the two people whose faces I really didn't want to see at that moment.

"Assalamualaikum", she chirped happily. Way too happily, I thought. Guess she had an amazing day with him.

"Waalekumassalam honey, you are just back in time, I made cookies. Come have some".

"Mom, you made cookies?",I asked walking towards the kitchen.

"Yes Danial, come here and sit with us", she spoke while gesturing towards the empty chair next to her.

Obeying, I went and sat with them and yes ignored those two people completely.

"Um, so how was your day dear?", mom asked her.

"Very good, we really had a great time", she answered smiling.

"Good to know, and which all places did you two go to?" she questioned again.

"A lot, we'll be going to a few others tomorrow as well, Victoria and Albert's museum is so huge, I mean it's like so big and the collection is like wow", she sighed dreamily.

"I am glad you enjoyed, if possible, I'll take you to Madame Tussauds , you'll like it", Aditya said.

"Thanks Adi, I really had fun today, thank you for the tour", she said while giving him a genuine smile and all this time I pretended to be busy having cookies, and not interested in their conversations.

"Oh by the way Danial, Sara told me about what happened earlier, I hope you are alright. I mean, it must be very hard on you as-"

"Mom, I am going to my room now, and thanks for the delicious cookies", I spoke while cutting across Aditya's words, picking up another one cookie.I walked to my room casually and shut the door close, I took a deep breath to calm myself down, so as to not walk out and demand answers from Sara as to where the hell she had been the whole day long.

After a few more minutes of trying to keep calm, I was about to settle in my bed when I heard the sound of a car ignition and soon the sound faded and seconds later my bedroom door creaked open and Sara walked in. Did I mention, without my permission?

"Danny, what's wrong with you? You shouldn't have misbehaved like that, call him right this instant and apologize", Sara ordered and I simply ignored her.

I took my phone out from my jeans pocket but instead of dialing my so-called best friend's number, I started playing Temple Run, which by the way infuriated her because I wasn't obliging to her wishes.

"Danny, what are you doing? I said-", but I cut her across saying, "I really don't care what you said, now please leave, because as you can see I am kind of busy", I spoke without even sparing her a single glance.