Chapter 13- Something Lurks

Another bewitching night had so enraptured the minds, bodies, and souls of Harry and Hermione, leading to pleasant, hazy dreams of Sweden and the intense love they had for each other in their hearts. But, something lurked in the shadows of Harry's mind.
Rehhhhhhh! Flash!
"Harry, what do you want for supper?"
"Dunno... Surprise me, dear."
"Okay. Be right back. I'll just go get the kids from their rooms. I think you'll love it, darling."
She never liked to shout at them. Harry had to be the disciplinarian, which he absolutely despised.
Tik-tok, tik-tok, tik, tik, tik, tik.. What the hell is that ticking sound?.. That ceased?
"Ginny!!!"
Flash!! Boooomm!!! What ensued was horrific screams, wails, crimson flesh and muscle ripping, fire, death, misery...
"Ahhhh!!!"
Harry Potter woke, sitting up abruptly in a franctic cold sweat, his black hair and psyche a mess. He quickly glanced to his right, at his wand and the unused alarm clock on the dark, suddenly sinister bedside table in the black abyss of the room... 3:15 am... The witching hour. A dark omen.
"Harry....." Hermione groaned, startled awake by her fiance's ubrupt departure from her warm, loving arms... "What's wrong, sweetie?"
Harry was panting and sweating feverishly, too scared to fall back asleep or answer immediately. He wiped his glistening forehead on the back of his hand and wiped it on the vacant right side of the king-sized bed, while his racing thoughts caught up to his heartbeat, trying to still them. He gulped and turned, slunk back down to take Hermione in his embrace as she returned her arms around him. He kissed her forehead and said, "Oh, Hermione..... It's nothing... I just had a horrible nightmare."
"I deduced that, Harry. Would you tell me about it, love?"
"Okay.. Well... It actually started out wonderful. You were there and we were on a ferris wheel at an amusement park. We were snogging and it was just so sweet."
Hermione kissed Harry's neck and nuzzled his chest, softly saying, "That sounds wonderful."
"Yeah... Yeah, it really does, Hermione."
"Call me love muffin," she giggled, "I like it when you call me that."
She's so cute and sweet, he thought fondly. How do I deserve her?
"Alright.. Love muffin," Harry replied, kissing Hermione's lips very tenderly in their sweet embrace... She went back to nuzzling her head on his chest with love and he reluctantly continued, "But then... I dunno, suddenly I was back at Grimmauld Place. It was in the past. Ginny was there and... My kids somewhere. In their rooms, I believe. She went off to fetch them for supper. And then....."
"And then - what, Harry?"
"Then, I think I realized what exactly happened. How I survived and they died..."
Hermione looked up, "How's that?"
"It's complicated... I mean, I didn't even have my wand near me. That's probably why I just instinctively always have it right near my bed or in my pocket these days. Anyway, I heard a ticking noise... If I delve deep into my memories, I could hear it at the psyche ward sometimes, but I didn't know what it was there. I must've blocked it out, I was so distraught."
"Perhaps it was a bomb... The ticking?" Hermione proposed, "Please forgive me for drudging it up, but... Ginny and your children were..."
"-I know... That's exactly what it was. I must've sensed it at the time, too, because I put up a powerful Protego Maxima! Barrier around myself.. Ginny, and my kids.... They were too far away. I couldn't reach them."
"You did that without even a wand?"
"Yeah. I.... I can't explain it. It's like when sometimes a wizard has a powerful feeling, or sensation... They can just do magic at will. I did at the zoo, remember, when I was ten I faded away the glass to sick a python on my awful cousin, Dudley. I enchanted a pair of scissors 'cause I wanted a haircut so badly. I-- I blew up my horrible Aunt Marge like a bloody balloon..."
Hermione sniggered, "I wish I could've seen that one!"
Yeah. I... I wish you could've, too!" Harry laughed, "Oh, and I exploded her wine glass, too, with my mind! When she was talking mad shit!"
Hermione giggled and then yawned, "That sounds fun, love. Promise me you'll never explode my Butterbeer, even if we're fighting."
"Never, pudding pop."
She snorted with a smile of amusement, "Pudding pop now? Love muffin and pudding pop? I guess I'm just so sweet to you." She kissed him again and resumed her cuddle.
"Of course, sweetie pie..... Cake thing."
She laughed, "Oh, my God... Wow.. Thank you, darling. What would you like me to call you for your pet names?"
"Oh, you know... Crumpet, sweet tea, darling, sweetheart, hairy berry, your highness, master - whatever! You know, the usual."
She chuckled, "Oh, really?? Master?? No... Maybe during naughty time. But, don't get a big head."
"Well, that's the point now, innit?"
They both laughed with much mirth as the night waned back to enraptured joy in each other's arms. Harry caressed her hair as she murmured, "We should get some sleep, Harry... Sugar tart."
"Oh, you trying out the pastries now?" Harry retorted and she giggled. He followed that with, "Yeah, you're right, though. We need sleep... Goodnight, Mrs. Potter."
"Goodnight, Mr. Granger..."
He laughed, "Whoa! What now?"
"Kidding." Hermione had a big smile on her beautiful face and they kissed more sweetly than all the pumpkin pasties in the world. She concluded with, "Goodnight, Harry, my love."
He enclasped her and they sweetly snuggled back into a serene slumber.