Ch. 22 Aditi has a secret?

Once she changed herself into a blue kurti and a pair of jeans, she opened the door to find her husband, leaning onto the wall opposite their room with his phone. When he saw her, he sent a small smile her way, which took her breath and heart away.

They kept glancing at each other, one admiring the beauty of the other, and other wondering what was so special about the former that made her insides feel all warm and fuzzy.

"Do you want to go somewhere?"

"Huh?"

Abhimanyu chuckled at her lost state. "Are you okay? You seem a bit lost."

Naina flushed, shaking her head rapidly. "No...no. I was just thinking about something."

Abhi leaned in closer to her, his hot breath fanning over her ears. "I hope I am one of your thoughts." Gently, he shoved his hair aside, which was falling over his forehead. "Am I?"

"No!" Naina exclaimed as her eyes bulged out of her sockets. Her cheeks were warm, and her mind was at chaos when she heard his question.

Abhimanyu, who was a bit taken aback by her sudden scream, took a step back. "No?"

"No." Naina repeated quietly this time, staring at the floor. Abhimanyu smiled. "Koi baat nhi. One day, I am sure I will consume your thoughts on each and every second of that day."

"Oh, I am sure you will." Naina muttered softly, still looking at the floor.

"Sorry, did you say something?"

"No."

"Accha, aap ye batiye ki aapko kaha jana hain aaj? Kya armaan hain aapke? Woh main sab pure kardunga."

(So, tell me where you want to go today? What are your wishes? I will fulfil every one of them).

Naina glanced up at him. She didn't know whether he was joking or not, but to her, it sounded like a promise he intended to keep forever. "Mujhe, aapne dost Aditi se milna hain. Aap kya mujhe uske ghar chod sakte hain, please?"

(I want to meet my friend Aditi. Will you drop off at her house, please?)

"Of course."

Abhimanyu whipped his car keys out and gestured for her to follow him. He opened the car door for her. Naina thanked him and settled down in the front passenger seat. Abhi himself took the driver's seat and fastened his seat belt. He tilted his head sideways to find Naina gazing out of the window, lost. Gently, he tapped on her shoulder to get her attention.

"Is everything okay?" He asked when Naina looked at him questioningly.

"Yeah."

"By the way, your seat belt." Abhimanyu pointed towards it quietly, requesting her to fasten it around her. Naina clasped it around her with a small smile. "So, where does your friend live?"

She told him Aditi's address as soon as he started driving them out of their garage. Within 15 minutes, the car approached an apartment in which Aditi lived on the first floor. "Is this the apartment she lives in?"

"I think so." Naina said, getting out of the car. Abhimanyu parked the car at one of the empty parking spaces and locked it. The watchman of the building looked at him, astonished, and let them in without asking them to fill in the register. "Do we not need to sign anything?"

"Not when your husband owns this entire complex." Abhimanyu said, placing his hands in his pockets and patiently waiting for the elevator to arrive.

Naina was shocked. "How rich are you?"