Miles away, you know I love you more

IPL began becoming the very reason for their joy and yearning at the same time.

They can barely get any time to call or text each other, practice sessions and matches keep them occupied. All in all the lover birds are having a tough time being seperated from each other.

During night, Ishan's phone rings at the nightstand as dashing out of the bathroom he grabs his cell as fast as he can and receives the call while launching himself onto the mattress.

"Ish......", the caller breathes out , so much fondness and longing in his voice. Ishan melts, melts like a glacier in bright sunlight, his insides mushy as he adjusts himself on his stomach and puts his chin on his arm, affectionately voicing, "Shubi....."

Both go silent for a while, feeling the yearning over flooding till their throats, hearts throbbing in ache.

"What were you doing?", Shubman asks finally breaking the silence.

"I was in the bathroom, ran out like a dog was chasing me when you called", Ishan replies leading Shubman to laugh, a smile flaring on Ishan's lips too as both share a chuckle.

"Kapde toh phene hain na tune?", younger casually questions with that usual innocent touch to his voice.

"Naha chuka tha mai, obviously I am dressed."

"Nahi mujhe laga ki....."

"Hmmm, bs hogya", Ishan rolls his eyes resting his cheek on his laid arm and can imagine Shubman smiling while casting his gaze down, his heart overflows with adoration at that.

"Aajkal toh full form mein hai, barda acha khel raha hai", Ishan comments and Shubman blushes, what can be nicer than your boyfriend appreciating you, nothing can match the happiness he feels when Ishan admires him and praises him.

They also always wish each other good luck before their matches, console one another if their team loses and congratulate each other if their team wins. They love being there for each other more than anything. Ishan always makes sure to keep mentioning just how much proud he is of Shubman and Shubman also basically worships Ishan, his each gesture no matter how minuscule it is reflects it. Just like during these days, he sends these cute little text from time to time to Ishan to keep him all cheered up, sometimes they are needy, sometimes affectionate, sometimes so bold that Ishan wonders if it is the same person as a while ago, sometimes emotional and overwhelming like once where he mentioned how he is gonna rip his heart out because it just wouldn't stop hurting due to how he misses Ishan so fucking much. It's not a joke that Ishan literally got tears in his eyes at that because no matter how stupid it might have sounded for the others but for him it meant the world. So he didn't hesitate in sending a vedio of him to Shubman of giving a virtual kiss and blushed when Shubman did the same, then right after he cursed him for being so cheesy and then cooed at him for being so adorable realising for the thousandth time that everything that comes out of Shubman's mouth is from the bottom of heart. Yes, they are dramatic like that.

"Thank you", Shubman bashfully says drawing figures on the bedsheet.

"Tu kya kar raha tha?", Ishan asks and Shubman's smile turns into a soft one, "Tujhe yaad", he answers.

Ishan clicks his tongue and it's enough for Shubman to get serious, also it's not like he wasn't before, "Betha tha bs bed par," he replies straightening up and wandering his eyes on the ceiling.

Ishan gently smiles to himself, he just can't with this boy, "I miss you, Shubi", he verbalises as affectionately as he can, his eyes turning warm.

Shubman instantly loses his cool, all the hankering rushing through his each vein sheaths him from head to toe, his brows knitting together sadly and gaze growing longing as he begins yapping, "I miss you so much, Ish, I miss you so fucking much, I can't even express, kabhi kabhi toh mujhe lagta hai sab chord chardh k aajau tere pass, mujhe neend bhi nahi aati tere bina theek se, sapne mein tujhe dekhta hun toh aur bura lagta hai, aansu aajate hain mere mazak mat samajhna tu, aur fir mai sochta hun ki yaar kuch time pehle itni buri halat toh nahi thi meri pta nahi iss ladke ne mujhe kya kardiya hai fir mai sochta hun jo kiya hai sahi hi Kiya hai agar isne kuch nahi Kiya hota toh mai toh aaj bhi gadho ki tarah sirf bestfriend hi hota iska aur fir mera mann karta hai ki mai kaise bhi mil lu tujhse bss, I want to hold you so fucking bad, squeeze you tight in my arms and never let you go......"