Immeasurable Love that I have

Main baarish ki boli samajhta nahi tha
hawaaon se main yoon ulajhta nahi tha

Shubman smiles at his phone while sitting at the edge of the bed as the song booms in his ears through the airpods, his heart pounding while talking to his beloved.

hai seene mein dil bhi
kahaan thi mujhe ye khabar.....

Three dots appearing while Ishan types before the message displays, "Ghar jaara hai?"

Shubman's keyboard clicks and clacks as he immediately types the reply.

Shubman- "Han"

Ishan- "Main bhi"

Shubman- "I wish I could have met you first before leaving for Chandigarh"

kaheen pe hon raatein
kaheen pe savere
aawaargi hi rahi saath mere

Ishan- "I wish it too but unfortunately it won't be possible"

Theher Jaa, theher Jaa
yeh kehti hai meri Nazar

Shubman- "Yea, I miss you, Ish"

Ishan- "Miss you, Shubi"

Ishan- "When are you leaving?"

Shubman- "In a few minutes"

Ishan- "Okay have a safe journey"

Shubman- "You too"

Shubman gets up fastening his backpack and drags his suitcase out of the room, making his way to head to the airport. The yearning, the love, the adoration, the admiration, reminiscing Ishan's affectionate touches, his gazes, his fond words, his shy and giddy smiles, fills him with an indescribable feeling, hankering to have just one glimpse of him siding it.

Even though he is in one piece but each second he feels like he is melting bit by bit in Ishan's love, it surges through his each sense, each vein, each breath, each molecule.

He can walk into the fire for him without even thinking, no river, no ocean, will be able to measure the depth of his love for Ishan, the profundity is endless, only increases each day, each minute, each second, escalates faster when they are separated, only the soothing abyss within Ishan's intoxicating eyes can measure his love, only they have the ability to do so, given he can never compete with their profundity, he will be defeated beautifully. Sometimes he genuinely wonders what he has become.

kya haal ho gaya hai ye mera
aankhein meri har jagah
DhoonDhein tujhe bewajah
ye main hoon ya koi aur hai meri tarah....

kaise hua, kaise hua
tu itna zaroori kaise hua

kaise hua, kaise hua
tu itna zaroori kaise hua.....

With the IPL season wrapped up, Shubman finally has a few days to relax at home before the intense World Cup preparations begin. Home has always felt nice, and home isn't just bricks and paint, furniture and curtains, it's these people who love and cherish him, the familiar surroundings of his house in Chandigarh bring a sense of comfort and coziness. Yet, he also carries the weight of a secret he has been longing to share.

One afternoon, after lunch, Shubman finds himself in his sister Shahneel’s room. They are seated on her bed, surrounded by the warmth of family photos and childhood memories.