𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐏𝐂 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐫

it wasn't easy having to deal with a somewhat active social life and academics at the same time. having to juggle between drinking your liver away until five in the morning, to waking up at exactly eight to head to class. 

no one can actually juggle a lifestyle like that. well, not y/n l/n that is.

she's the epitome of a multitasker- socializing on her breaks, and breaking down during lectures (but you didn't hear that from me, no). once you'll see her next to you, jotting down notes in her little notebook. and the next you'll see her wrecking havoc after one too many shots. 

it's safe to say that she's a great friend inside the lecture room, but a big child once you've dragged her outside of her cocoon. 

spoiled rotten by her parents that are working for the IPC, this girl never had to break a sweat doing manual labor over minute things. with just a click on her phone, food's already there. doesn't have a ride? click, and uber is on its way. she never had to worry about working under the scorching sun, nor doesn't have to mind if the fridge is ever empty.

this girl never touched grass in her life. 

so when her parents broke the news to her that they're sending her to live with her grandparents over the summer- you can guess how she handled that.

terribly. 

"it's not like you've never left me on my own-!" 

"y/n, for the last time, you're going and that's final." 

you see, her parents were being sent to go to another country to deal with whatever the IPC does on a daily basis. and considering that they didn't trust their daughter one bit, they thought that sending her to live in the countryside with her grandparents for the summer would be good. after all, even if they were shitty parents, they're still concerned at her screentime. 

their statement made the (h/c) haired girl frown even more, looking down from her phone and staring at her parents who are now busy packing their things.

"still, i can manage the house! it's summer break, and i'll just be inside." her father gave her a pointed look, while her mother had her hand on her hip.

"the last time we left for a week, our house was on social media because someone threw the 'most awesome' party. what more if we left for a month?" 

she couldn't argue on that one, vividly remembering the whole week where she threw party after party that even students who weren't in their course nor school came to have fun.

all she could do was sigh, plopping on the couch as she stared up the ceiling while thinking of ways to get out of her current predicament. yet, for someone as witty as her, she couldn't conjure up any believable lie to get her to stay.

"besides, you haven't seen your grandparents since you were a kid. they miss you." her mother began, attention halved as she tried to lessen the blow on her daughter and picking which outfits would go best on their trip. 

"you barely go out unless it's for school- you're as pale as snow." her ever stoic father chimed in. 

y/n never really had a tight relationship with her parents, and ever only talk to them when she has to get her allowance or ask them permission to go out of the city with her friends. they never bothered to talk to her anyways- always busy with work to even notice that their daughter was internally suffering. 

the only time where they gave her a sliver of their attention was during her high school graduation- and even then, they were late to see her walk up the stage.

she understood to some extent how grueling their jobs are, and can't help but blame the IPC about her current parental issues. they took away the attention of her parents since she was a kid, a baby even.