𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞.

boothill believes that he's undeserving of love. 

with his rough edges and crude tone, no one in their right minds would settle for a man like him. let's face it- if fate would allow us, we'd choose someone who can provide for us without any hassle. yet to him, what's living without any hardships? 

whether it be locals or foreigners alike, he doesn't deserve them- would rather die alone than to have someone who he'd rather let go off to have a better life than him.

he's just full of self-deprecating thoughts, isn't he? 

after that night, he steered clear from the beauregard's  barn- he'd go to the meadow when the moon was at its peak to make sure that he wouldn't cross paths with a certain (h/c) haired girl. 

it's safe to say that the man is scared. scared at the fact that she might've caught feelings for him, scared that her sober and drunk self were nothing alike- scared that he's just some toy for her to waste her time on. 

he doesn't mind it, trust him- if it weren't for the fact that he's slowly falling for her, he would've had the guts to flirt with her and shoot his shot without getting attached. 

oh who was he kidding, it's impossible to do that with her. despite being a hermit for most of the time, she gave him something to hold on to- something he's willing to dig into bare handed. he couldn't read her perfectly, yet despite the differences, he understands her longing for home. 

he's willing to sit through an hour of her ranting about traffic, or the long lines at her favorite coffee shop if it meant staring at her throughout the boring lecture. 

boothill has grown fond of her, more than he could've expected- and it's something that scares him the most. he's known all too well that she's only here for the summer, and there's no guarantee that she'll ever return. 

his heart wouldn't handle falling for someone that's meant to be far away from him. 

she's a princess meant for the high life, and he's just a lone bumpkin meant for her to step on to rise. 

harsh, i know.

carmine eyes stared onto the night sky, gazing at the countless shimmering balls of light above him as he laid on the dewy grass, loving the way it grazed on his skin as the wind fluttered around him. 

he laid underneath the oak tree- the same one that stood across the older tree where he first met y/n. 

despite wanting to steer clear from locations he knew she'd visit, this was the only spot he'd grown attached to- the lone spot that has the clear view of the endless galaxy that covered the earth. 

the stars reminded him of the photos she'd shown him, a clear skyline view of the city lights of penacony. 

although not as intense, he appreciated how beautiful something small could be. 

he only has to avoid her for two weeks before she has to leave- two more weeks. he could do that, right? 

two weeks... before she leaves. 

for a moment, his heart tightened at the thought. over the past few weeks, his days were filled with mindless banter and adventures with her- one that he grew too fond of. if he wasn't working or with his friends at the rodeo, he'd be with her- chatting the afternoon away or teasing her endlessly. 

he wasn't aware of it, but she had become a part of his routine. meeting her came natural to him as breathing, his day would feel incomplete without picking a fight with her. 

boothill clicked his tongue in annoyance, heaving out a sigh as he closed his eyes to relish in the faint sounds of crickets chirping. it's always been her, isn't it? the one to plague his mind, the one to fill him with anticipation- it's her.