𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐣𝐚𝐳𝐳

vote and comment!

"will ya quit yappin' and just follow along?"

"it's fucking hot and smells of horse shit."

"oh woop dee do- never expected the ranch to smell like shit!"

the two of them have been arguing back and forth the moment they arrived at the ranch edie owns. with the summer heat beating against their skin, and with their short temper combined- a nice and calm day out was out of the window.

boothill had dragged her out of his truck when they got there, much to y/n's dismay. and now, both of them are arguing on whatever irks them first.

and currently, it was the poor horses and their innocent shits.

the (h/c) haired girl reluctantly followed along, grimacing at every soft crunch her boot lands on as she maneuvered her way along the ranch. if she didn't know any better, she'd think that the horses were having a field day watching her struggle.

boothill on the other hand, was trying his best not to slap the horse behind her and let it kick her square on the face.

with a huff, the city girl ran out of breath easily as she held onto a horse for stability. sweat was running down both of their faces, and had a mutual feeling of just ditching what maize told them and go home to escape the heat.

however, just the thought of being slapped by a spatula scares the two- even if they're already into adulthood.

"you have shitty lungs, have you been smokin' car engines in the city?" he asked, wiping the sweat from his forehead as he approached one of the horses he likes to ride on.

she let out a sarcastic chuckle, flipping him off as she looked at the horse she was holding onto. it was a beautiful stallion- with the mane neatly combed and silky, causing her to feel some sort of envy at the animal for having a better hair-care routine than she does.

"ever thought of shutting up?"

"ever thought of engagin' in exercise? we barely walked and yer out here lookin' like yer about to pass out." the long-haired man barked back, patting his horse who seemed to like the attention it was getting from him.

y/n said nothing, biting back her tongue as the horse lowered its head near her hand as if asking to be pet as well.

she knew nothing about horses nor how to ride them. the closest thing she has was the copious amount of wildlife documentary shows she had downloaded whenever there was a power outage at home.

still, to test the waters and to gain the trust of the horse she's gonna ride on, she held her hand out carefully, letting the stallion settle its head on her open palm.

it amazes her how trusting a horse is, and eventually musters up the courage to touch its mane.

the two of them were having a great time bonding in silence until someone  broke it.

"marshmallow, bite 'er." boothill cackled when the (h/c) haired girl immediately retracted her hand, shooting him a glare as marshmallow looked at him in an air headed manner- why would he want her to bite this already scared girl?

"shut up will you?" it took every ounce of her body not to scoop some shit up and throw it at him- partially because she was also grossed out at the thought of touching horse dung.

the scene in front of her burned her eyes, and she hates herself for staring a second longer.

the man was currently putting on the saddle and reigns on his horse, his sleeves rolled just up to his elbow to give her a glimpse of his muscles flexing at every moment.