𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐛𝐨𝐲

it's safe to say that y/n l/n is slowly adjusting to life out here in the countryside. well, even if it's at the pace of a snail, she's still doing some progress.  

the lack of cars honking outside her window and drug addicts screaming at ungodly hours of the night soothed her- even is she somehow missed how cop cars would chase after delinquents in the middle of her rest.

she was growing homesick, and her grandparents' could see right through her whenever they'd see her playing random videos she had on her camera roll.

call her dramatic or whatever, but this was the first time she'd gone out of the city by herself- without cell service on top of that. she was so used to calling other people, watching videos, and ultimately just the convenience that the city gave her. 

they tried to get her mind out of her depressive state by asking her to do chores for them- but that ended rather quickly when henry saw her getting chased by a cow while holding hay that she was supposed to fix. 

she really doesn't fit the life of a farmer. 

the (h/c) haired girl never bothered to meet up with emma again too, since she knew that once summer is over, she wouldn't see the girl again. and although she was labeled as heartless by her peers in school, she still have some feelings left and doesn't want to break the girl's heart by not showing up next summer. 

the lesser the connections, the better. 

however, maize had other plans, which leads her to now- standing beside emma as she stared at the produce store in front of them. 

her grandmother thought it'd do her well if she connected with kids her age, and asked her to go with emma to buy some groceries for the week. she learned the hard way when she tried to object, almost getting hit on the head with a spatula the moment she showed her disappointment. 

if there was one thing she wouldn't get used to- it was the heat. 

she tried to ignore the harsh sting on her skin as she let herself get dragged inside by an enthusiastic girl. emma seemed way too happy in buying groceries, it seemed. 

thankfully, the shop was air conditioned, and y/n couldn't hide the breath she was holding as she sighed in relief. 

"how'd ya like the store, y/n?" she asked, letting the city girl take in the shop as they made their way over to the aisles of canned foods. 

although it may not be as big as the ones in the city, she was still amazed at how organized the shop is. the lack of dairy was understandable since most people get them fresh from the cows- plus, she saw some treats she thought were pulled out by their company near the register. 

"it's nice." her statement made emma smile, carrying a basket to put in the things on the list as she let y/n explore the shop. 

she was too engrossed in the amount of treats that she didn't notice a certain cowboy walk up to her, his mouth pulled up in a grin as he towered over her frame. 

"... why did the lights dim-" her confusion was replaced with shock when (e/c) eyes met with mesmerizing carmine ones that shimmered in amusement and delight. 

she could feel her environment shake as the guy chuckled, his voice playful and thick as she tried not to get too distracted by him. 

"well if it ain't miss city girl. 'm a bit surprised that you didn't get eaten by them wolves." 

the (h/c) haired girl recognized him as the man from two nights ago by his hair and hat, looking up at him as she took in his features up close. 

she'll have to admit, he's a good looking guy. if he was in the city, girls would surely flock themselves around him to grab his attention- and he'd probably be a jock too. she's almost too impressed that he managed to outshine the guys she'd met before.