Chapter 9

The bartender's 3rd point of view:

Yu Aeri's life took a turn when she was just five years old. She was only at this age when her parents decided to part ways, leading to the separation of the family. Her father took her younger sister, Yu Jimin, who was only two years old at the time.

Aeri and Jimin, inseparable sisters, were torn apart when their parents separated. Aeri was only five years old at the time, while Jimin was just a toddler of two. Their father decided to take Jimin with him, leaving Aeri heartbroken and missing her little sister every day.

As time went on, Aeri found out that her father had married another woman and that Jimin was living with them. Choosing to reunite with her sister, Aeri visited their home regularly, hoping to catch a glimpse of Jimin. But the woman, now Jimin's stepmother, refused to let Aeri anywhere near her sister.

Disaster struck when their father suddenly passed away, leaving Jimin's legal guardianship in the hands of her stepmother. In a cruel turn of events, the woman took Jimin away to a new location, cutting off all contact between the sisters.

Despite the barriers that stood in her way, Aeri never stopped searching for Jimin. After years of tireless effort, she finally tracked down her sister and took matters into her own hands. Offering Minjeong to care for Jimin until she could take her evil stepmother down.

Present day:

"Are you saying that you're Jimin's sister?" Minjeong asked once more. Aeri nodded. "Why didn't you mention this earlier?" Minjeong complained, slightly taken aback.

Aeri explained, "I wanted to make sure I could trust you first and see if you're reliable in your work.

"Why don't you just go to Jimin and tell her that you're her sister?" Aeri furrowed her brow at Minjeong's suggestion.

"Are you dumb?" Minjeong was surprised by Aeri's response. "Imagine some random person suddenly showing up in your life and claiming that you're their little sister." Aeri had a valid point. "Besides, Jimin's stepmother seems suspicious, so I think we need more information about her before making any moves," she added.

Minjeong hesitated as Aeri gave her a knowing look, cutting off her words. "No, no. I'm not doing that. We agreed that I would only update you on how she's doing in college," Minjeong shook her head.

"You need to step up your game, Minjeong," Aeri insisted. "I need more information to help her. Don't you notice anything off with Jimin?" she asked, concern clear in her voice.

Minjeong sighed she noticed a lot of things off with Jimin when she talked about her mother "Yes I noticed that she always gets home early and she always looks at the clock when I'm with her it looks like she's terrified" minjeong explained.

Minjeong let out a sigh as she observed several concerning signs in Jimin's behavior. "Yes, I've noticed that she always arrives home early, and whenever I'm with her, she seems to constantly glance at the clock as if she's filled with fear," Minjeong explained.

"That's why I need you to keep an eye on her from her house," Aeri said, but Minjeong shook her head. She explained that it wasn't part of their agreement and that she felt uncomfortable getting involved in family matters that didn't concern her. Aeri pleaded, "Please, Minjeong, I just want my little sister back." Minjeong could see the pain in Aeri's eyes and realized how much she was hurting.

"Why don't you do it?" Minjeong asked, rolling her eyes. Despite her sarcasm, she genuinely felt sorry for Aeri.

Aeri pleaded, "I can't go near her stepmother, she knows me and won't let me see Jimin. Please, Minjeong, I beg you. She's the only family I have." Aeri was on the verge of kneeling, and Minjeong, despite her initial hesitation, nodded in agreement. "Thank you so much," Aeri exclaimed, jumping into a hug and embracing Minjeong gratefully.

As Minjeong awkwardly patted her back, they pulled away. "This is very risky, I must say, but I will do it for the sake of two sisters," Minjeong said. She also wanted to help Jimin if something was going on in her life because she had promised to take care of her.

As Minjeong stepped out of the bar, she let out a heavy sigh, "What have I gotten myself into," she murmured, shaking her head in disbelief. She made her way to her car as she drove back home, wanting a peaceful night's sleep to prepare for the day after.

-

The morning after, Minjeong slowly opened her eyes. Feeling overwhelmed, she rolled over in bed and buried her face in a pillow, letting out a frustrated yell as she rethinking her life decisions. She was fucked up and she knows it.

She stumbled grumpily to the bathroom and went through her usual morning routine. Once dressed, she slipped on her leather jacket and made her way to the university on her motorcycle.

As she arrived, she caught a quick glimpse of Jimin. Hurriedly, she removed her helmet and hurried after her. "Good morning," she greeted, but Jimin simply glanced at her and continued walking, picking up the pace and ignoring her. Minjeong tried to match her speed and follow her, but it was useless Jimin vanished into the crowd.

She scratched the back of her neck, feeling a bit confused. She considered looking for her later on the rooftop to have a conversation. Even though she wanted to give her some space, she also had to keep an eye on her at the request of Aeri, and because she genuinely cared for her.

After the class, she made her way to their regular meeting spot, her heart fluttering with the hope of seeing Jimin. As she pushed open the heavy doors to the rooftop, her eyes quickly found Jimin sitting there. With a feeling of relief, she approached her, put her hands in her pockets, and settled down next to her.

But to her surprise, when Jimin saw her, she stood up and already left. But Minjeong wasn't going to let that happen. She grabbed Jimin's wrist, forcing her to look at her. "Where are you going?" she asked. Jimin glanced down at Minjeong's hand, which was gripping her wrist. Minjeong quickly removed her hand and apologized, "I'm sorry. Did I do something wrong? Why are you ignoring me?"

"Just leave me alone, Minjeong. I don't want to be friends with you," Jimin said with a tone that stung Minjeong. "Can't you already see it?" Jimin continued, and Minjeong frowned. As Jimin began to walk away, Minjeong pulled her back forcefully closer to her.

"No," Minjeong said, and their faces were inches apart. They were intensely looking into each other's eyes, and Minjeong was mesmerized by Jimin's appearance. It was the first time she had seen Jimin up close like this. "I can see that you need me, Jimin," she said, her voice close to a whisper. "I can see that you are lonely." Minjeong didn't know what had gotten into her, but she felt herself leaning in, their lips inches apart.

She couldn't resist when Jimin was this close to her. She was about to kiss Jimin but she snapped out of it when she felt a sting on her left cheek. Jimin had slapped her, and Minjeong stumbled back in surprise. "We can't, Minjeong," Jimin said as she ran away, leaving Minjeong alone and holding her left cheek. But it didn't hurt as much as her heart.

She felt a pang of guilt as she found herself on the brink of kissing her. Deep down, she knew that Jimin wasn't... ready but she didn't know what had gotten into her at that moment when Jimin was close to her. She couldn't stop herself.

-

TMI I was about to take a shower but I thought I would publish this first.

Don't forget to vote and comment kindly xoxo...

Author: hyunie~