Chapter 15

Minjeong stood outside the door, her knuckles knocking against the wood. On the other side of the door, she heard footsteps approaching before the door swung open to reveal the guy, looking tired and confused "What is it?" he asked, his voice rough with tiredness.

Minjeong hesitated for a moment, taking in his tired expression. "Can I come in?" she asked, her voice firm. "I need to talk to you about something important."

The guy considered her for a moment, his eyes darting over her face and taking in her stubborn expression. He seemed to be debating whether or not to let her in, but after a moment, he stepped back and gestured for her to enter "Fine," he said, his voice giving away his hesitation. "But keep it quick. I'm not in the mood for company."

Minjeong stepped into the room, taking in her surroundings as the door swung shut behind her. The room was small and sparsely furnished, with a worn couch and a small table placed in the corner. The curtains were drawn shut, casting the room in shadows.

She turned back to the guy, who had sunk down onto the couch and was eyeing her warily. "So, what did you want to talk about?" he asked, his voice low.

Minjeong took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts. "I need to ask you about your job," she began, her voice steady. "I heard that you got kicked out of the company. I want to know why."

The guy's expression darkened at her words, his jaw tightening. "Who told you about that?" he asked, his voice low.

minjeong shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant. "It doesn't matter who told me," she said. "All that matters is that I know. And I need to know why you got kicked out. It's important."

The guy let out a frustrated huff, running a hand through his messy hair. "Why do you care so much?" he asked, his voice tinged with irritation.

Minjeong's expression hardened at his tone, her jaw setting stubbornly. "Because I have my reasons," she said, her voice firm. "Just tell me what happened. Why did you get kicked out? And what can you tell me about the company CEO?"

The guy let out a weary sigh, leaning back against the couch cushions. "Fine," he said, his voice surrendered. "I'll tell you what I know. But you better sit down first. It's a long story."

The guy leaned forward, resting his arms on his knees. "The CEO was involved in some pretty shitty stuff," he said, his voice low. "Money laundering, drug dealing, kidnapping people. you name it. She was running the company like a criminal organization, not a fair business."

Minjeong's eyes widened at his words, she knew that she was engaged in money laundering, but drug dealing and kidnapping she wasn't expecting that. her mind racing as she tried to process what he was saying. "Kidnapping and drug dealing?" she repeated, her voice skeptical. "Are you serious?"

The guy nodded, a stern expression on his face. "I'm dead serious," he said. "I saw the evidence with my own eyes. Financial records, hidden transactions, the whole works. She was using the company as a front for her illegal activities."

minjeong was speechless, and she was furious about how this woman wanted jimin to take over her dirty business. "But how did you find out about all this?" she asked, her voice laced with disbelief. "And why did you get kicked out?"

The guy's expression darkened at her question. "I stumbled across some of the records accidentally," he said, his voice bitter. "And I got caught, she was furious. She accused me of trying to sabotage her business and threatened to ruin my reputation if I spoke out. So she kicked me out, claiming that I was a troublemaker."

Minjeong' heart sank. "But if you have evidence of what she was doing, why didn't you go to the police or something?" she asked, shaking her head in disbelief.