Chapter 12

Minjeong approached Aeri at the bar and quickly caught the bartender's eye. "Make it quick, we only have a few hours until Jimin wakes up," she said and aeri stood up.

Aeri furrowed her brows as she asked, "What do you mean by 'till she wakes up'?" Her voice was firm with concern as she asked, "What did you do to my sister Minjeong?" Minjeong shiveried, clearly intimidated by Aeri's stern tone.

"Calm down I didn't do anything you told me to make her stay, and I did." Minjeong surrendered. "I only put sleeping pills in her coffee," she admitted.

"I never knew your mind could work," Aeri said. Minjeong didn't know whether that was a compliment or not, but she shrugged. "Since you're here, I'll tell you about my plan. We need to do it today before Jimin wakes up," her tone was back to the stern, and Minjeong watched how she kept a professional face.

Aeri started, "I've done my research and tracked down Jinae's(Jimin's stepmother's name)work." She grabbed her laptop and started opening it. "I've noticed a lot of unusual things with Jinae's bank account," she continued, but then Minjeong frowned.

"How did you get all of this information?" she asked, and Aeri responded with a wink.

"I have my ways," she replied. "As I dove deeper into her work, I discovered that Jinae is engaged in illegal activities such as money laundering," Aeri explained.

Minjeong, how did you find out about this?" Aeri gestured for Minjeong to sit beside her before revealing something important.

"There are multiple bank accounts and frequent, unusual financial transactions," Aeri explained. When Minjeong seemed puzzled, Aeri sighed and continued, "If someone has multiple bank accounts and engages in frequent or unusual financial transactions, it could be a sign of money laundering. But I'm not sure yet. I need to do more research, and I'll need a valid reason to file a case against her. Maybe I can use this," Aeri said, looking at Minjeong. "That's where you come in" she smirked.

"Jinae was expecting Jimin to come home yesterday, but it turns out Jimin was actually with you," Aeri said, standing up as she spoke. "And you're keeping Jimin with you for today as well, so Jinae must be furious." Minjeong was a bit confused by Aeri's point. Aeri continued, "So she might try to hurt Jimin, and we need evidence that Jimin is being abused. That's where you come in. You'll be my little assistant and go into the house to plant cameras. That way, we can see what happens to Jimin when she goes back home." Aeri finished with a smile, but Minjeong shook her head vigorously in response.

"I can't do this," she protested, her voice filled with uncertainty. "I'm not good at that kind of thing, and what if Jinae comes in suddenly and I get caught?" Panic was evident in her voice.

"Don't worry, I hired someone to help you," Aeri assured her. "You'll meet your assistant there, and Jinae isn't home. I will give you a signal when she is near home so you can get out," Aeri continued, trying to be reassuring. "Please, Minjeong, this is the last step, and then Jimin will be free." Minjeong nervously bit her bottom lip, still unsure about the plan. lip nervously.

She wanted to set Jimin free and make her happy, hoping that she might have a chance with her once everything was settled. "Fine, but this is the last favor I'll do for you, under one condition," she agreed.

"What's your condition?" Aeri asked, hoping it was something she could fulfill.

Cancel the contract and I will tell Jimin everything after all of this is done," Minjeong said, her voice stern as she looked Aeri in the eye. Aeri paused for a moment, considering the weight of Minjeong's request, before finally nodding in agreement.

"Deal," Aeri replied firmly. "I will give you the cameras, and the assistant will be there to help you," she assured Minjeong, reaching for the cameras and placing them in her hands. "Here. Also, take this and put it in your ears so we can communicate easily and lastly plant this in Jimin's clothes" She gave minjeong a piece of small earphones and minjeong nodded before leaving "Good luck" aeri sighed and sat down.