My Wings that still heal

Sabre pov-

I sighed as I walked outside to the go to the citadel as the leaders wanted to talk about something. I wasn't sure what it was but I hoped that the professor wouldn't ask any questions while I'm there. He has the bad habit of doing so.

 As I walked into the citadel  I felt pain in my back. It had been happening a lot lately so I just ignored it. When I got to the meeting room almost everyone was there and talking.

 "Hey Sabre!" M called out as soon as he saw me. The yellow leader just rolled his eyes but greeted me along with everyone else

 "Good to see you could make it Sabre!"

 "Of course I'd come! What's the matter this time though?" I asked a the yellow leader sighed and looked a little guilty.

 "There was a argument in the yellow sector and something about it made Yellow call the meeting." Green commented as I looked over at the yellow leader.

 "Well it's not my fault that one of them mentioned something concerning about Sabre!" He exclaimed as I wanted to frown but didn't.

 "What? I haven't done anything bad?" I said as he sighed.

 "It's not what you've done. It what you haven't done." He stated as I stared at him in confusion. Even the professor looked confused before realizing something.

 "Ohhh.... The back pains? I know what that's about." He said as I glared at him for a moment.

 "You promised." I said as he nodded. The green leader sighed before coming over to me.

 "You could have said something Sabre. I can help you." He said as I took a step away from him.

 "I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm doubting your skill but you can't. If you try it'll only make it worse." I informed him as he stood still.

 "What do you mean?" He asked shakily. Guess he's never not been able to help someone.

 "Professor can you explain?" I asked quietly as he nodded before M spoke up.

 "Are you sure you want them to know?" He asked in a soft voice as I shrugged.

 "They already found out about the pain, they'll find out about it as well.

 "You know how Sabre isn't a Steve?" The Professor started as I sat down next to M and everyone else nodded. "Well he's what Non Steve's call a Avian. A human with wings and sometimes the instincts of a bird as well. The reason he still feels pain is because his wings are regrowing. If you want to know why they need to regrow ask Sabre.

 "I'm sorry... What?" Blue asked as everyone else other then Me and M had similar reactions.

 "I'm a Avian. I used to have wings before a accident made me lose them and now they are slowly regrowing. If green tried to heal me it would only slow down the process and make me be in more pain." I explained as they went silent before yellow spoke up.

 "That'll be the end of the meeting." He said as he got up and left. Most everyone did after they talked to me about my wings a bit more. M stayed along with the professor. I looked over at them and smiled. They were like a Family to me ever sense they didn't judge me for my wings being how they are. And they never pushed me.

 "Let's go now Sabre. Time will be waiting for us." M said with a smile. I smiled back and nodded.

 "You both can come. He was making cookies." At this the Professor half yelled,

 "LAST ONE THERE IS A ROTTEN EGG!" We all started running as we laughed.