17

ıllıllı 𝙖 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢   ıllıllı

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The chug of the train was gradual. It hummed with steam and puffed coal smoke. The inside smelled like leather and fresh wood. It wasn't too hot, nor too cold. The seats were green and rather small, barely sitting two people. A dim yellowed light flickered in and out occasionally overhead. Nothing was suspicious.

Y/N had her head up against the window, sitting next to Kyojuro. He liked the outside seat, and also wanted to be closer to Y/N. This was a perfect opportunity. He began eating away at the bentos that were provided by the shop owner and Fuku. And as usual, he followed every bite with a rowdy "UMAI", albeit a bit quieter since he saw the girl next to him tire with exhaustion, drifting into a slumber.

If he was being honest, he had no clue how he ended up in this situation. His feelings for Y/N started off as a genuine attraction. But the more time he spent with her, the more he could feel this attraction grow. He found it rather odd. He hadn't known her for long. Just under a month. Yet he wouldn't want anyone but her by his side.

Before, he brushed it off as thinking he saw her as a little or older sister. The way she cared for him back at her estate and how she talked to him made him feel a connection. He had never been romantically involved with someone before. Was this what it felt like?

Even then, did she feel the same? He thought not. So for now, he would just protect her in all of the ways he could, admiring her from afar. Surely some space and ignorance could give him peace of mind.

"Uh, sir, excuse me-" The boy with the flame-shaped birthmark, or Kamado Tanjiro, came up behind him.

"UMAI!" Weird stares were all on him. He didn't mind it though.

"Rengoku-san-" the boy tried again. This time, he looked at him with a grand smile, bright enough to outshine the sun itself.

The light flickered, and the train rattled. Y/N groaned, shifted, and promptly went back to taking deep, lulling breaths. She was exhausted.

"Its you. You were at the mansion." Kyojuro casually folded his arms, but something ticked in his head.

This was the boy stowing away a demon with him, even as a slayer. He has quite the nerve!

"Yes. That was me. I'm Kamado Tanjiro. And I have Agatsuma Zenitsu and Hashibara Inosuke with me." The boar head puffed out his chest while sparky lowered his head.

"I see. Also... isn't there another in that box?" The Flame Hashira kept his smile on his face, even if he really didn't want to. He was doing this for Master. He would respect his wishes.

"Yes. That is my little sister Nezuko."

"Yes! I remember that demon. Since the Master accepted her, I will keep my peace for now." He pointed at the seat across from him. "You could sit over there."

"Is that Chikyuu-sama? I wasn't aware she was coming along on this mission." He smiled at her, noticing that her mask didn't cover her mouth. He knew she was on board the second he stepped on the train. Yet he thought he was imagining the hypnotic scent of honey and flowers and petrichor. It was one of his new favorites.

"Yes. She is on her first official Hashira mission, and Master thought it would be best to have a challenging mission, but also another comrade nearby. She is quite tired by our journey here, though." He looked at her sleeping figure, soft exhales fogging up the glass whenever she breathed. Suddenly, the train rocked, and she slumped over onto his shoulder. The Flame Hashira turned away, pretending not to notice the new weight that graced his body.