Chapter 8

Please please please comment guys!! Tell me what you think!

************************************

I woke up the next morning feeling completely refreshed, and healed.

My ankle didn't hurt anymore either. I wondered if Max was okay. Cameron didn't have to punch him, even if it was kind of funny.

And Cameron, what was with this protective streak lately? He seemed to always be watching me.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Come in!" I yelled.

I expected to see Cameron, but it was Sam.

"Alissa I just wanted to let you know that today is swim training. And here is a swim suit."

Great they have a pool too. What don't they have?

I had been swimming a couple times when I was younger, so I was a decent swimmer.

With that Sam handed me a bundle of fabric, and left, seemingly embarrassed.

Uh-oh. I hope this wasn't some skimpy bikini.

I cautiously unwrapped the fabric and found that thankfully, it was a modest one-piece.

It was blue and purple, with swirls of pink here and there. Not what I would have chosen, but not as bad as it could be.

I threw on the swim suit, then wondered if I'd need a towel. I ended up jut taking one with me from the bathroom.

I was realized I didn't know where the pool was, when Cameron came in.

Without knocking.

I spun around, wrapping my towel around me at the same time.

"Cameron! Haven't you ever heard of knocking??!" I asked.

What if he had come in a couple minutes earlier?

"I believe I have heard of it, but I prefer not to use it." He said with a very irritating grin.

"Just take me to the pool, and why on earth is there swim training?"

I wondered when we would need to swim.

"This is in case any Hunter goes to The Lake. Not everyone does, only those willing, that Sam deems able. A Hunter has to be able to fight in water, as it likely happens at The Lake."

Sam led me down the stairs like we were going to breakfast, which was apparently AFTER swim training.

Darn.

This time we went in the opposite direction of the gym. Cameron opened a door, and I was hit with a blast of hot, humid, pool air.

It looked pretty much like a pool hotel, other than the fact that it was Olympic sized. There were chairs and everything.

There were already about ten people in the pool. Trainers and trainees. Maybe I should get to know someone. Someone non-boyish.

I threw my towel on a chair and was about to walk to the pool, but sadly that would make my life to easy.

So instead I felt strong, warm, arms scoop me up from behind and carry me bridal style. Cameron, great.

"Cameron you put me down now!" I said in what I hoped was a calm voice.

"No can do, Princess." He said with that same goofy grin.

That's when I noticed it. Cameron. Shirtless. And he was carrying me.

Oh crap.

I tired to ignore the fact that Cameron was extremely beautiful. But when his chest, and muscled arms were in my face it was kind of hard to do that.

Cameron preceded to walk to the edge of the pool and begin a countdown.

By now everyone was watching of course.

"5...."

"4..."

"Cameron-!"

"3..."

"2..."

"1!"

And with that he threw me in the pool and jumped in after me.

The pool water was nice, not hot and not cold. I wet under and came back up to see him laughing.

I was about to laugh with him when a searing pain ripped through my legs.