Chapter 5

I awoke with a yawn the next morning. I didn't even remember falling asleep. I got out of bed and stretched. I pulled my shirt up and gasped.

My wound was gone. Like gone, gone. Like it never existed. Well that healing was going to come in handy.

I was thinking about a shower, when I noticed a pile of clothes sitting on the little dresser. There was a note on top that said, "Thought you might need these." with a smiley face drawn on it. Obviously Cameron's doing.

I picked up the clothes and went to the bathroom adjoining my room. I turned the water as hot as it would go. I stepped under the water, relaxing my muscles until the water grew cold. I stepped out and dried my self with a towel.

The clothes turned out to be a pair of simple, faded jeans, and an even simpler white t-shirt. I towel dried my hair and pulled it back out of my face. I stepped out of the bathroom, and about had a stroke.

Cameron was reclined on my bed, with his hands behind his head.

"What are you doing in here!?" I yelled, smacking the look off his face with my towel.

"Well I'm assuming you wanted some breakfast, so I came to get you but you were in the shower....so I made myself comfortable."

I just laughed and told him, "Lead the way." Cameron got off my bed and led me down the hallway. It's weird how you can go from trying to stab someone with a knife, to laughing with them, in about 24 hours.

We went down some stairs and I saw a nice little table set with three plates for Cameron, Sam and me, I assumed.

Once we say down Sam joined us an we dig into our bacon and eggs. I didn't realize how hungry I was, and how much I was eating until Cameron cleared his throat loudly. I looked at him and noticed that both guys were finished eating already.

"Should I go butcher another pig?"

Sam said with a snort.

"Ha ha, very funny." I replied. I threw a piece of bacon at him, which he caught and ate.

"Ok, when's training?" I asked.

"Now." Sam and Cameron together.

So they led me to a huge room, like gym sized. Padded mats covered the floors, and there were dummies every where. Other people were already there. Finally some other people. I was beginning to think it was just us three.

There were guys and girls fighting with knives and swords, and other wicked looking weapons.

Sam left to talk to another group, and Cameron led me to a wall of weapons.

"You looked pretty comfortable with a knife, so let's try a dagger." Cameron picked out a short knife, with a sturdy blade and handle. My kind of knife. He handed it to me, and picked a longer blade for himself, not quite a sword. Cameron then led me over to an unused space. He turned to face me.

"So what you-"

"Wait your training me?! Why not Sam, or one of those other guys?" I said casting my eyes around for someone who wasn't busy. I had a feeling training with Cameron wasn't going to be pleasant.

"You wound my pride, Princess" Cameron said with an anguished look.

"Princess!? What are you-!"

Sam choose that time to but in. "You two! Get started!" he yelled from across the gym.

My face turned beet red, and Cameron laughed.

"Better get used to it. I'm your trainer." Cameron smiled.

"Let's get this over with."