Chapter 12

Cameron and I continued to train, but we spent more time together too, outside of training.

Just doing small stuff. Talking, laughing. It was nice.

One afternoon, after another swimming session, Cameron stopped me on our way to my room.

"Alissa, I was wondering if...youwanttogoonadatewithme?"

I heard him clearly the first time, but decided I should make him suffer a little. Evil me.

"What?" I asked with an innocent look on my face.

Cameron sighed. "Wouldyougoonadatewithme?" He asked again.

"Sorry what was that?"

Now he knew I was messing with him.

I was about to say yes, when he decided to pick me up, and carry me to my room. He set me on my bed and started tickling me.

I'm very ticklish.

I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face, and I was gasping for breath.

"Alright! Yes I'll go on a date with you. I was going to say yes anyway, if you had just given me a chance!"

Cameron laughed and told me to get ready, that we were going to a movie tonight.

After he left I started panicking about what to wear. All I had was training clothes, A.K.A. Sweats and a tank. And one pair of jeans I had on when I got here.

I took a quick shower, and put my hair in a ponytail. I decided on jeans, since it was those or sweats.

I ended up just wearing my newest tank top, that I hadn't worn yet.

Great, my first date, and I'm practically in pajamas.

Cameron picked me up and led me to Sam's truck.

It looked like it was an Avalanche, but who knows, because I'm not the greatest with trucks. It was a deep blue.

I saw the outside of the building for the first time.

It appeared to be one level, spread over the 'school' grounds.

There were small windows here and there.

It actually looked like a small private school. I guess that's what the other schools thought it was.

"You look beautiful." He told me.

"Yeah right, I'm pretty much in pajamas."

"You'd look beautiful in anything." Cameron said seriously.

I just blushed.

"Is Sam ok with this?" I wondered.

"Yeah, yeah. He just said home before eleven."

Wow, how did Cameron manage that?

In the end we just picked a random movie, because neither of us could decide on one.

We mostly talked through the movie, until an older couple shushed us. After that we just held hands and stole glances at each other.

I learned Cameron was an only child, whose parents were the same as mine. He loved the outdoors, and his favorite color was green.

After the movie we stopped for ice cream. I got a vanilla cone, and Cameron got a hot fudge sundae.

I ended up eating half his sundae.

When we finished out ice cream we sat and talked.

Cameron wanted to play twenty questions. So we did.

"What's your favorite color?" he asked.

"Hmmm... probably orange, like the sunset."

"Favorite song?"

" 'Every Storm Tun Out Of Rain' by Gary Allen.

Cameron laughed.

"Country girl?"

"Through and through." I replied with a smile.

That's how our night continued. Sometime Cameron asked the questions, sometimes I did.

It was 9:30 when we got back. I was exhausted so I said goodnight to Cameron and went to bed.

I guess Cameron and I were dating now. Well whatever dating meant in our situation.

I laid down on my bed, smiling to myself. I felt more content then ever.

************************************

So shorter chapter there...sorry! I had a little bit of writers block.

Hope you liked the date !!