XXXXIII

"Heeseung hyung is conscious

"Heeseung hyung is conscious."

Taelyn hurried down the hallway, her heart racing with anticipation and relief. As she approached Heeseung's room, she saw Ni-ki, Sunoo, Jungwon, Sunghoon, and Jay waiting outside. They looked up as she approached, their faces a mix of exhaustion and encouragement.

Ni-ki gave her a small, reassuring smile. "He's been asking for you."

Sunoo nudged her gently. "Go on. We'll give you both some space."

Taelyn nodded, her throat tight with emotion. She took a deep breath and opened the door to Heeseung's room, stepping inside quietly. The sight of him, awake and alive, brought a fresh wave of tears to her eyes.

Heeseung turned his head slowly, his eyes finding hers. A faint smile played on his lips. "Hey, princess."

She rushed to his side, taking his hand in hers, feeling the warmth and life in his touch. "Hey," she whispered, her voice trembling with relief. "You have no idea how scared I was. Please, don't ever leave me like that again."

Heeseung's grip on her hand tightened as he looked at her, his eyes reflecting the weight of everything they had been through. "I didn't leave for that long," he chuckled.

"You might've left forever after pulling that stunt!" she began to lecture him. All the words she wanted to say while he was unconscious came floating out of her mouth. "How could you shield me like that? I would've been able to take it. You were already badly messed up. One bullet isn't going to kill me. You caused me great stress—"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you worry. I just... I couldn't let you face it all alone. Not when I promised to protect you."

Tears welled up in Taelyn's eyes as she leaned closer, her forehead resting gently against his. "You've always been there for me, even when I didn't deserve it. You kept your promise, and you almost died because of it."

Heeseung shook his head slowly, his voice soft but resolute. "You deserve everything, Taelyn. You brought light into my life when I needed it most. I would face a thousand dangers to keep you safe."

She bit her lip, trying to hold back the sobs that threatened to escape. "But I can't lose you. I can't go through life without you by my side. You mean too much to me, Heeseung."

Heeseung's eyes glistened with tears as he brought her hand to his lips, kissing it tenderly. "I'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere. We've lost so much, but we still have each other. We'll get through this, together."

Taelyn nodded, her tears finally spilling over as she held his hand tightly. "Together," she echoed, her voice filled with a blend of sorrow and hope. "I love you, Heeseung. More than words can say."

Heeseung smiled through his tears, his heart full. "I love you too, Taelyn."

"Ah, seriously. I really thought I lost you," she cried. He chuckled. With his free hand, he wiped the tears off of her face.